News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sidestand Fettling..

Started by NeilD, June 25, 2010, 05:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

had a productive couple of hours this afternoon...thourght the bike deserved a little TLC as we'd done nearly 600 miles over the previous 2 days.. :shock:  I'd picked up a new sidestand a while back and a 2nd hand mount.  The pivot hole on mine (and the replacement) had ovaled so had it repaired locally..

so with a new bolt (and spring whilst I was at it!), I no longer get that horrible lurch when you put the bike down on the sidestand !

one thing that suprised me, I'd assumed that the stand was bent, but compared to the new one it wasnt. where it was worn was around the bolt hole, and the U section at the top had splayed out, all of which combined with the worn hole led to a good inch or more movement at the foot end..

I also changed my bent righthand footrest for a straight 2nd hand one.. it was only slightly bent, but enough for it to feel odd..

now sorted..   8)