News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rim Sizes on a 98

Started by BruKen, July 09, 2010, 04:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

Hi. I sent the tiggers hubs for new rims and spokes asking to replace the originals which on my bike are DID alloys 17x3.00 for the rear and 19x2.50 in the front. The wheel rebuilder is pretty insistant that the rear should be a 17x4.25. Now I have no particular problem with a wider rear, but dont know if it will cause any issue such as limmiting tyre size and subsequent rub spots. Anybody have any ideas or experience in the matter?

Geoff D

I'm sure it will be ok Bruce.... Mustangs got a 180/55 in the back of his & it looks gorgeous.

Sure he'll be along to let you know soon enough
The older I get the faster I was...

BruKen

Thanks Geoff. In the end I insisted he put a 3 inch rim on the back or loose the business.

rf9rider

Quote from: "Geoff D"I'm sure it will be ok Bruce.... Mustangs got a 180/55 in the back of his & it looks gorgeous.

Sure he'll be along to let you know soon enough

But Mustang has the 3 spoke Trophy rear wheel.  :)

NeilD

the 'Girly' spoked wheel on the rear is a common swap, thats wider (not sure what actual size) but runs a 150 tyre?