News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Plugs

Started by Timbox2, July 16, 2010, 09:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

changed the plugs on the Tigger the other day to iridiums,

2 of the 3 old plugs came out looking good, 1 not so, No 3 counting from the left,
 Heres a couple of pics, anything to worry about do you think??

The first 2 looked like  this

No3 Looked like this

Cheers for your thoughts.
2016 Tiger Sport

tett

That third plug also looks OK IMO.  If the bike is running fine I would not worry about it.  But if you want to make sure cylinder No 3 is not running a bit rich, or what ever, then get the bike looked at to see that the fuel mixtures and balance is all good.

Cheers!

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Timbox2

Quote from: "tett"That third plug also looks OK IMO.  If the bike is running fine I would not worry about it.  But if you want to make sure cylinder No 3 is not running a bit rich, or what ever, then get the bike looked at to see that the fuel mixtures and balance is all good.

Cheers!

tett

Cheers mate, on thinking about this Im now wondering whether infact it is engine oil running down the threads, maybe one of the cambox plug seals is weeping a tiny bit, must be very small though Ive just done another oil change and nothing used since the last one
2016 Tiger Sport

jphish

Actually, those plugs look great. I run iridiums on my Uly because of propensity to foul. Got 20K mi on current set and still very sparky.