News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I got her home, now the fun starts..

Started by crustycrutch, July 17, 2010, 10:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crustycrutch

I picked up my new baby a few minutes ago. Here she is

She's a 93 model and has Daytona wheels fitted. I think the entire front end is off a Daytona (opinions welcomed) and I don't know if the swing arm is original either - would a Daytona rear wheel slot straight into a Tiger swing arm?

There is a virtually new Hagon shock fitted and I have an original owners manual and toolkit!  :lol:

NeilD

nice!  8) and the best colour too  :D
frontend looks the right height so I wonder if its had the Tiger stanchions transplanted into the Daytona lowers...

aeronca

:iagree  blue rules. i like the rim's, what are they off of?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

crustycrutch

Daytona wheels I think but I'm open to other views. The tyres are a bit squared off but I reckon it'll get through a MoT.

GavD

Calipers are off a daytona super 3, so could be a full front end from one of those.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

crustycrutch

Thanks for that. By sheer coincidence and having read through the history, this bike was originally registered in the Isle of Man.

Its booked in for an MoT on Wednesday and I've already lined up a couple of ammo box panniers (10 quid each and in cracking nick).

GavD

Not that much of a coincidence Crusty as I live on the Isle of WIGHT.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

crustycrutch

Mustang

Quote from: "crustycrutch"Daytona wheels I think but I'm open to other views. The tyres are a bit squared off but I reckon it'll get through a MoT.

They are the brembo rims as used on TROPHYS the early sprints and Daytona's and the first speed triples I think

They bend really really easy and are not a good choice for dual sport riding
They are for corner carving on paved roads and excel very well at it

you need a rack full of these if you want to dual sport .they all have tiger rims on em ...1 set is full blown off road knobs and the others are metzler tourances  or shinko 705s

crustycrutch

Thanks Mustang. In that case if there are any UK based owners who want to do a fork/wheel/caliper swap, then I'm willing to talk turkey. I prefer the look f the spoked wheels anyway  :)

rf9rider

I`d be up for a swap/deal whatever.
PM me your Email address and i`ll send you some pics of my wheels and forks etc.  :)

MtheTiger

Quotenice! 8)   and the best colour too :D  

+1 !

Blue rims do look nice though !
Too bad I am in the Netherlands thus being too far away to make the swap worthwhile. However I am getting some Sprint 3 spoked wheels fitted later this year.....Mustang Style 2.0

Congrats with your Tigger !
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue