News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ROUGH IDLE

Started by LIAMSY, July 15, 2010, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIAMSY

SOUNDS LIKE A MISFIRE AT LOW RPM CHANGED PLUGS,CHECKED FOR INTAKE LEAKS,REPLACED STEPPER MOTOR,O2 SENSOR,BROUGHT IT TO THE DEALER HAD IT REMAPPED.HE SUGESTED 12K VALVE CHECK.I SHIMMED VALVES,NOTHING UNUSUAL THERE, REGULAR WEAR.WENT THROUGH 4 TANKS WITH FUEL INJ CLEANER,CLEANED THROTTLE BODYS,RUNS GREAT ABOVE 2500RPM,MY NEXT TARGET IS TPS,ANYONE HAVE INPUT?

Mustang

Quote from: "LIAMSY"ANYONE HAVE INPUT?

Turn off your CAPS LOCK........... :ImaPoser

read this thread and in particular this post near the end of thread

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... gh+running

Quote from: "flux"SUCCESS!!!!

I got the bike back tonight and she is running like a top!  

Thank you to all you guys who pitched in and helped or even offered words of encouragement.  The new gasket between the throttle bodies and the motor did the trick.  

Bob, I'm sorry man but we never did get the readings from the computer.   :oops:   I was just so happy to have it back that I totally forgot.  If he happened to have printed them I'll be sure to report back.

zombie

Yup
New TPS seems to have sorted out this rig.
Still tiny hesitation every so often
We just got back from a 600 mile round trip  and the bike ran much better.