News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

battery que

Started by WVdyhrd, August 13, 2010, 05:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVdyhrd

Ok. So back to trouble-shooting.

I've got a 5-6yr old battery.

Dead on startup today. Jumper cables from a car got her going. Rode it home and it restarted twice before dying out completely again. Takes a jump charge but takes 30+min of riding to hold a charge to restart.

Once running everything seems fine. Proper gauge, light, etc function. Except now my check engine light is on. Only malfunction I can find is the lack of charge on my battery, but it did get enough from my commute home to start again.....

I've checked fuses, and wires, etc. with no negative findings.

Any ideas.

oh yea p.s. I did a 12min ECU reset, light is still on.
When all else fails, be lucky.

"...he proceeded, taking whatever road his horse pleased: for therin he believed, consisted the true spirit of adventure."- Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes

advrider->wvdyhrd

Yukon

Quote from: "WVdyhrd"Ok. So back to trouble-shooting.

I've got a 5-6yr old battery.

Time to replace it.

WVdyhrd

thats what i figure/plan on tomorrow. Just was wondering about the check engine light? my cages/other bike doesn't turn that on for a low batt
When all else fails, be lucky.

"...he proceeded, taking whatever road his horse pleased: for therin he believed, consisted the true spirit of adventure."- Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes

advrider->wvdyhrd

n4naked

Quote from: "WVdyhrd"thats what i figure/plan on tomorrow. Just was wondering about the check engine light? my cages/other bike doesn't turn that on for a low batt

the tiger does.....it will disappear after three cold/hot/cold cycles.

Chris Canning

I actually got over 6 years out of my original battery,but in all honesty unless you have something like an Odyssey(non made for Tigers) then your really out on the gang plank and can get the drop at anytime,mine was still working fine when i took it off.