News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Brakes

Started by Tomas03, August 25, 2010, 05:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas03

A set of these arrived today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Front-Brake-Disc-Tr ... _959wt_754

Decided that 3.3mm brake rotor thickness was probably too small and probably contributing to the poor braking characteristics of my bike.  :roll:

Will fit during the next 2 weeks with new pads (any recommendations :?: )

Also, how do you get the discs off.  I don't have a manual and there appear to be some little caps over the rotor bolts?  Where can I get a cheap manual?
Daniel
Home is where the tiger is.

1998 Volcanic Red Steamer
1972 Honda XL250 MotoSport (the original dual purpose)
1982 Kwaka Gpz 550 race bike
1983 Mercedes 230TE wagon tow vehicle

Mustang

the bolts just have little caps pressed on use a knife edge or similar and pry them out
The bolts themselves are allen heads  and are loctited in with blue loctite
they will come out hard so be careful with the aluminum hub

Tomas03

New Gold fren ceramic carbon HHH pads arrived today and so they got fitted post haste with the new rotors.  :D

WOW, isn't it good having brakes that work.   :eusa_dance

I can't really tell how they compare to Steamer brakes because mine were shot, but my initial feel is that they are good.  Nice initial bite and good lever feel.  No dead feeling at the lever.  Very good value for money rotors, and probably greatly assisted by the pads, which are top notch.  :thumbsup
Daniel

Tomas03

Some pics of the rotors.
Daniel