News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Handguards for Steamer 97 ??

Started by Tigerman - Norway, September 15, 2010, 04:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigerman - Norway

Seeking advice on good handguards for Steamer '97 - preferably like Touratechs' where a spoiler can be attached.

Mustang

unless you use bar risers like ROX Risers that let you move the bars back as well as up you won't find much that can clear the steamer fairing at full lock  to lock

Tigerman - Norway

Mustang, wonder if you have posted reply to another query, instead of mine regard handguards -

Mustang

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/produ ... ilyId=9547

these are real nice and only $55 and you can get spoilers for them too !
Any color you want

But like I said above .unless you move the handlebars back they will hit the fairing on full lock .

Tigerman - Norway

Thanx Mustang, ordered the Tusk D-flex handguards with spoilers yesterday. Looking forward to mounting them and trying out, maybe I have to rise the bar -

Tigerman - Norway

Now about to mount the Tusk handguards.

But facing difficulties getting out the 'bolts' inside the handle bar where the barend weights have been secured. As the bolts/nuts have expanded, they are stuck (as they are supposed to be).

Tips on getting them out will be appreciated,

Anyone, Please ???

Mustang

if they are the stock tiger handlebars the nut inside the bar is welded in place , I would suggest leaving it alone and using a bolt that will work with the already welded in nut

option 2 .....get a set of handlebars that will match close to the same bend as original and then use the tusk hardware

option 3  drill out the inside of the handlebars so that you can insert the tusk hardware

Tigerman - Norway

Mustang, thank you, again, for your helpful reply.

- I went for option one - works ok (after having risen the handlebar with two cm).

- BTW - received the new footpegs today , looking forward to lengthy trip in the week end - will give feed back after. :o