News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thinking of a Change - Aprilia

Started by Medic09, November 05, 2010, 05:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic09

I like my Girly just fine, though it is a tad tall for me.  But we were at a dealer for some business my wife had, and they had just taken in an '07 Caponord.  Very low miles.  Nice bike.  So, I took it for a spin; and now I am thinking of buying it.  This one has been lowered, and I had my feet flat on the ground for the first time since I've been riding the Girly.

Anyone have any experience with these?  If I go for it, I'll have to give up the Girly.
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

Nick Calne

If you can get parts easily then maybe make a decision on what's best for you, otherwise no.  You'll break something then spend 6 months waiting for a replacement.... :roll:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

If you get the Aprilia, AF1 Racing outside Austin in Texas are the guys to get parts / goodies from.  Good guys.

Your local dealer is probably a douche.  Most are in my experience.

Have you ridden it?  I love my Aprilia.  I ride it more than the Tiger.
From parts unknown.

Medic09

JetdocX, part of my hesitation is there is NO local dealer.  I have heard good things about AF1.  I just hope I won't need to buy many parts!

Tell me more about your impressions of the bike.  How do you compare it to the Tiger?  (Which Tiger do you ride?)
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

Cos

Quote from: "Medic09"Tell me more about your impressions of the bike.  How do you compare it to the Tiger?  (Which Tiger do you ride?)

I'd like my Aprilia more if i were afraid that my Tiger would spontaneously combust :lol:

In all seriousness the Rotax twin in the Capo is a really sweet engine and the bike itself is really nice. Beware of electrics on the Aprilia.

JetdocX

I have a 98 Steamer and a Shiver.  I only ride the Tiger when there's a slight possibility of dirt roads or trails.  Around the Bay Area, that's easily 2 hours ride away. :cry:

Also, when the weather gets colder, the Tiger has heated grips so it will get the nod.  But the Aprilia is so much fun to ride.  It hits every one of my buttons.  No problems with the 'lectrics yet. and that's 16,000 miles on the bike.
From parts unknown.

TigerTrax

Cell phone, credit card, FedEx, roadside assistance.....

I'd get the Aprilla.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Medic09

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Cell phone, credit card, FedEx, roadside assistance.....

I'd get the Aprilla.

Well, the plus side is they seem to have a pretty bulletproof motor from what I've read.

The down side is they have no dealer network to speak of, I've heard only bad things about most of the dealers there are, and the closest reliable place to get it serviced is about an 8 hour ride from here.

Having said all that, we bought it anyway.  After the ride home, the wife said from the pillion seat it was the best ride she's had out of all our bikes.
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

blacktiger

Quote from: "Medic09"[
, we bought it anyway.  After the ride home, the wife said from the pillion seat it was the best ride she's had out of all our bikes.

Hope it turns out good for you. I do think they're even uglier than the Tiger and it's a good thing you can't see it whilst riding it.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

rybes

theres a bloke a few doors up from me had a speed triple. hes got an aprillia now. i dont talk to him no more :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

oxnsox

Is that because your maintainence schedules don't syncronise anymore???   :lol:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rybes

summink like that :lol: i have to buy my spares now  :ImaPoser
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Medic09

Well, the wife really likes it, which is a bonus.  Arm's in a sling for a while now after surgery, so all I can do for now is research luggage options.  :roll:
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four