News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pannier Racks for Steamer 97 ??

Started by Tigerman - Norway, September 17, 2010, 04:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigerman - Norway

Received my delivery from Touratech today. I was of opinion/ hope rather, that their Pannier Racks 01-051-0080-0 would fit my Steamer. But unfortunately not, they fit 955 only.

Are there good pannier racks available for my Steamer? My idea is that when having the racks mounted I can look for panniers/hard boxes.

harre

Difficult to find pannier racks these days. I found mine on Ebay Germany. My racks are from Five Stars, Germany and are suited for Givi, but I use an adaptor to mount Sw-Motech Trax alu-panniers on them.
You will find Trax cases at a good price here (I think they ship to Norway):
http://www.touringbutiken.se/Servlet

There used to be a Givi Wingrack mounting-kit for the Steamer (I have the catalogue number on my old computer). I think it was possible to order the kit (and Wingrack) from Lelles MC in Sweden (ships to Norway):
http://www.lellesmc.se/lelles/index1.html

I also think that you could fit the tubular Givi rack (PLXXXX) for the Tiger 955i without too much rebuilding, however the rack is built for a single exhaust...

Tigerman - Norway

Thanx for the leads Herre, I'll check first thing Monday - have nice weekend on the gravel roads in Norrbotten :-)

Tigerman - Norway

Thanx for the leads Herre, I'll check with local importers first thing Monday. Have a nice weekend - on alle the challenging gravel roads in Norrbotten :-)

harre

Sadly I'm working in Uppsala right now. I'll be working the whole weekend. My Steamer waits for me back home in UmeƄ. Was actually hoping for a gravel trip in Norrbotten, but time is running out I'm afraid.
Good luck in your search for a pannier rack. Been there, done that, got lucky after a few months.
Have a nice weekend you too Tigerman.

akendall1966

Hepco Beker still make the Steamer rack, I got one last year but had to wait three months on delivery.  :cry:
----AK-----

Tigerman - Norway

Did not get any reply from our Scandinavian friends.

Have in order flw from H & P via MOTO24.de :

H&P:

Pannier racks
Aluboxes
Inner bags
Crash bars

But thanks again for your replies.

I.

Sophie

Hi tigerman,

I have a 1996 Tiger 900 (885cc) i brought in 2001 had panier racks on and never used so removed and put in loft , They take a Kappa hard top box as when i picked up bike the dealer was a box short so only had two when should of been three (two for the paniers)but only used the top box come the end so the racks are up for grabs ..?