News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Newbie with Girly reporting for duty!

Started by Zorst, October 09, 2010, 07:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorst

Hi gang!

Well i've had the Girly for a week now and i absolutely love it. Yes i know i'm still in the honeymoon period but errrr.... yeah, i love it.

I've had all the usual jap stuff and didn't know where to turn to next.

I thought there might have been reliability issues but i'm getting more reassured with this bike the more miles i do on it.

It's got the carrying capacity of what mi st1100 had with the cases and the stance of mi Caponord but with a sports bike engine. What more could i want?

It's a great site, i've been lurking for a short while doing mi homework on the site before i bought. I was looking at the spoke wheel ones until this cast wheel one turned up.

Best regards. Ken.        Zorst with the Tangerine Dream

[/img]

Chris Canning

Looks fine,but i'd put some fork gaitors on before you need to change seals and fork legs from pitting.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Looks fine,but i'd put some fork gaitors on before you need to change seals and fork legs from pitting.

That was the second thing i thought when i saw the pic !! the first one bein !!

it's Lucifer Orange  :thumbsup

and the third was, needs engine guards !!

Welcome to TT.com !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

daveb

Welcome Zorts, I seem to recognize your name and avatar from somewhere. Racking my brain at the mo.... the best I can come up with is a TDM. I am possibly wrong  :oops:

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

+2 on the crash bars, Tiggers like taking naps.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Zorst

Thanks very much gents.

This is pretty much how i bought the bike. At a price that was too good to refuse :D  thats because it was a front end damaged.

And so thats why the gaitors are missing but yes i'll be getting the gaitors and any other trinkets and goodies along the way that i can buy her.

It's now got an aftermarket can on it that has taken the bike into another level. :D

Where have you heard Zorst before? Not telling.........

Yeah i've been on the Carpe TDM site :lol: well done.

daveb

I thought it was you, I think you will be pleased with the Tiger.

Got mine at the end of march, very please with it.

Zorst

Hi Dave,

Pleased! That's a bit of a understatment.

I've just been out with Slug from the Carpe, he's still got my first TDM900 that i owned.

We changed bikes for a while, which went on.......and on.

Anyway, yes you guessed, he didn't want to give it back. :lol:

daveb

I had a look for a tdm900, a few of the guys went looking for me at the machines but they had a hard life.

so I bought a 955i Girly, I find it more comfortable than my old MKii, 10 years 65500 miles on her and still in good condition, but she was getting older. so I trader her in for the Tiger. 07 plate with 4125 miles.

hope you get just as much fun on yours as I get on mine.