News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking for a fairing frame

Started by Rocinante, November 08, 2010, 08:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocinante

I need to replace the fairing (or front light-) frame on my Steamer. After a crash it is bent and broken and I find it hard to get it back in shape, so I will rather replace it.

Anyone know of a place that ships internationally where I could get this?
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Rocinante

Thanks. I´ve sent them a mail.
www.dagjen.no

rf9rider

Theres one on Ebay UK.

Rocinante

Thanks, but that´s just the headlight frame and he only ships in the uk. It´s actually two parts and the original post was a bit ambigous. What I need most is the fairing/instrument sub frame.
www.dagjen.no

Nick Calne

If you need someone to help ship something out for you, you have only to ask. :thumbsup
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Nick Calne

Failing that I would say try this guy.  He's helped me out with a few bits and bobs in the past...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Triumph-Tiger-900-1997-Frame-Docs-R-Regd-/290497214396?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item43a2fbb7bc

then have a look at Cheshire motorcycle salvage,

http://www.cheshiremotorcyclesalvage.com/acatalog/Online_Catlog_FRONT_SUBFRAMES_AND_MIRROR_STAYS_59.html

They got one, but they are asking a bit much for it.  Haggle!  Nobody else is going to buy it from them today!

Good luck...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Colonel Nikolai

I had to replace the fairing frame on my Sprint when it hit a large, antlered quadruped way back in 2006 but I couldn't find one either.

I then took the old one and cut it up in pieces, bolted it back to the bike, took a fairing I found on ebay and bolted that to the cut up fairing frame. I then carefully tack-welded the fairing together with a wire feed welder, took it off the bike again and welded it proper. This worked flawlessly for a couple of years until I finally found one on ebay in 2008. I still have the old one, which looked ugly but worked just fine. :shock:

Don't know if this will help you or not.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Rocinante

Quote from: "nickcalne"then have a look at Cheshire motorcycle salvage,

http://www.cheshiremotorcyclesalvage.com/acatalog/Online_Catlog_FRONT_SUBFRAMES_AND_MIRROR_STAYS_59.html

They got one, but they are asking a bit much for it.  Haggle!  Nobody else is going to buy it from them today!

Good luck...

Thanks for your offer of help, I´ll keep it in mind.

I sent Chesire an email. The price is fine with the exchange rate we have now, so I´ll take it if the shipping is reasonable.

I have been thinking about welding Colonel, cause it´s actually only broken in two places. But it´s bent a little out of shape in every direction and every time I try to bend it back it gets out of position in another place.  In addition it´s hard to know exactly what measures to use since the only reference I have, the fairing, has to go off in order to work it.

So if I can get a perfectly good one for less than 100 GBP I´m happy.
www.dagjen.no