News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tune ECU Virgin advice

Started by Timbox2, November 24, 2010, 08:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Ok got me cable and software all downloaded and am planning on trying one of the Tunes at the weekend, any big do's or dont's, cheers for any input.
2016 Tiger Sport

malc

If I was you I would have a play with the software while not plugged to the bike just to find your way around it first, then just read the printout carefully & follow instructions & away you go but ensure you make a copy of your original file thats on the bikeso you can go back to as it was.
other than that a very good tool.
its grrreaaattttttttt

Bixxer Bob

Like Malc says, there's alot of reading and re-reading until you understand everything.  And also as he says, back up your existing tune somewhere safe BEFORE you do anything else.

Maybe we need a Sticy to pull together all the TuneECU stuff :?:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Ok thanks peeps, much as I thought but always willing to listen to those who have trod before, much obliged.
2016 Tiger Sport

malc

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Like Malc says, there's alot of reading and re-reading until you understand everything.  And also as he says, back up your existing tune somewhere safe BEFORE you do anything else.

Maybe we need a Sticy to pull together all the TuneECU stuff :?:

good idea for the sticky & maybe put download links to assist too
its grrreaaattttttttt

Mustang

somebody step up to the plate and start a thread that has all the tuneboy or tune ecu stuff with links pointing to all the pertinent stuff thats already on Tiger Triple and I'll gladly sticky it .....................

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Mustang"somebody step up to the plate and start a thread that has all the tuneboy or tune ecu stuff with links pointing to all the pertinent stuff thats already on Tiger Triple and I'll gladly sticky it .....................

Ok I'm on it....  I may be some time...    :)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...