News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Snow time like the present

Started by Timbox2, December 17, 2010, 01:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

So, a bit snowed in,cant get to work, use of next doors garage, perfect.

First, lower shock mount, maybe I was lucky but from start to having the pivot out, 1 hour and in fact looking at the condition of the pivot and bearing maybe i was fortunate.

Heres the pivot after about 10 mins cleaning;

And the bearing;

I greased the bearing up and tried the pivot and it all turns nice and smooth, so back in, I could almost push the pivot back by hand after cleaning the bores as well, only a very light tap needed, bargain.

While I had the shock disconnected I checked for play in the swingarm, nothing and feels nice and smooth so left alone.

Next job while Ive got it apart will be rear wheel bearings as the sprocket carrier bearing for sure feels a bit gritty

2016 Tiger Sport

cdubya

Nice work.  Checking all of the rear end bearings is next on my list.  Looks like your needle bearing was due.  She'll be right now!
06 Girly