News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955i front wheel fit a steamer?

Started by NeilD, January 08, 2011, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

does it fit without mods ? its the speedo drive I'm thinking about as the later bike has an electronic speedo..?

Mustang

except for the bigger rotors on the 955 rim why would you want to swap the wheels they are the same geometry wise .  and you would need to make adapters for the calipers to fit the bigger rotors as well as having no speedometer because of the sending unit difference .

so yeah you could fit a 955 front wheel to a steamer but the question is WHY ?

NeilD

because I can buy an excellent 955 wheel for less than half the cost of getting a new rim fitted to my hub... purely cosmetic reasons..  :)  its just the speedo drive thing that I'm unsure of...

rybes

if thats the one wich comes with a 150 rear wheel, itll fit. i got 2000 model wheels on my tiger ;)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)