News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Considering 2004 Tiger

Started by bkrstv, March 15, 2011, 07:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrstv

Hi, this is my first post.

I need help on a decision; I am looking for feedback on possibly buying my first Tiger; it is a 2004 with 33,000 miles. A friend has highly recommended a Tiger. (I currently ride a Nomad which I will keep) What questions should I ask?  What to look for in a bike with this mileage. I have seen it and looks well care for on the "outside".  What service should be at the point? (I can do the simple oil changes, etc but I am not a mechanic) Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

bkrstv

KuzzinKenny

Hey bkrstv !! 2004 was the change year for the Tiger model, pre had black frame and spoke wheels, the last ones had silver frame and alloy wheels !!

Ml is fine as long as its been serviced..........

http://www.triumph.co.uk/media/enTiger9 ... nwards.pdf

hope this helps !!

KK

ps put location in yer profile, it helps when sourcing parts  :thumbsup
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

blacktiger

As KK has written, the mileage is fine. These engines are solid. e.g. mine is on 63K and is still sweet.
Just check it over as you would any bike. If you really don't know what you're looking at take someone with you that does.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

bkrstv

well, I bought the 2004 Tiger Friday and put 500 miles on it this weekend.

Thanks for the help and links.  I did alot of reading and thought this a good buy.  I have really enjoyed the ride and look forward to some wonderful days in North Georgia and beyond!

D-Fuzz

Nice buy!  Congrats!  Now for some photos. :wink:
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black