News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rust on my brake disks arms

Started by orpheus, April 04, 2005, 03:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orpheus

I have a slight problem on my 05 Tiger in that the arms that hold the brake disks to the wheels on both the front and the rear are starting to rust. I know its picky but it looks rubbish. Its quite easy to clean it off with wire wool but does anyone have any ideas how to stop it coming back? Is there anything I can spray on them to protect them?

:D Andrew

Brock

I'd be very careful spraying anything around the discs...however, you've probably got a warranty claim there anyway.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

sunny

Andrew i had a similar problem concerning my rear disc on my 05, the black plate holding one of the pads in was completely rusted, despite me stripping and cleaning the brakes 3x since October last year. I ended up sanding it  down and repainting black.