News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help! Cam Cover

Started by jrockrat, April 09, 2011, 12:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrockrat

Well after tearing into my 1999 tiger for the second time since I bought it at the end of last year (I think I've got to ride a couple hundred miles or so.  :( ) I finally found the source of a small oil leak. I had thought it was around the Cam cover seal, but this time I noticed a 3/8" crack on the side of the cam cover (around where the cam chain is). I have no idea how that could of happened. I bought the bike with a small oil leak in that area and thought it was the seal, guess I should have looked harder.
Anyways....does anyone have one of these laying around? or know if there is anyone or any way to repair this one? A new one is around $400!!  :shock:

Thanks for any help.

jrockrat

Ok, I just found one on ebay from a 2001 for $99. It looks like (according to bike bandit) it's the same part number as for the 1999. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Timbox2

Quote from: "jrockrat"Ok, I just found one on ebay from a 2001 for $99. It looks like (according to bike bandit) it's the same part number as for the 1999. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

As long as its from a Tiger its the same, but be careful as some have found that people advertise stuff for 955 and 885 engines saying fits Tiger Daytona etc, and that aint always so
2016 Tiger Sport

jrockrat

Thanks...the description says that it's from a 2001 955i tiger with 3582 miles on it.