News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

seat more comfortable tiger 955

Started by rcgomes, December 10, 2011, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTT

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"i like me sheepskin seat, it was just lyin around on me floor anyway  :lol:

An ex Kenny?  :wink:

I run a dead sheep on mine.  It's good, although certainly doesn't make it a 1000 mile/day seat.  Bit of a PIA to remember to take it off in the rain.  Water doesn't hurt nothing, just takes a while to dry out and up till then it's like sitting on a wet sponge.

You can by fitted skins if cosmetics are of any importance.  Mine is from Alaskan Leather and fits tidy and more importantly straps on, so when I stand at speed the cover doesn't blow down the road.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "JTT"
Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"i like me sheepskin seat, it was just lyin around on me floor anyway  :lol:

An ex Kenny?  :wink:  

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

:shock:

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

TigerTrax

Sorry...
SHould have said...

I use black plastic spacers about 1/2" long and 3/8" diameter between windscreen and fastening point on the top 2 screws. That changes the angle and blows air over the top of my helmet.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Bixxer Bob

it's really hard to resist helmet jokes with that sort of provocation
 :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rcgomes

you guys are a joy! I think I know what I'm doing. FIRST, install the MRA variotouring screen, then  if it  too short, i buy the 6wide vs 4 tall ceebayles  and put the spoiler of the MRA on it! it seems that the ceebayles 4 inches taller and fits good on tiger looks good, but the 6 inch taller looks ugly. Another way is to put the screen Madstad( people tall good) that is ugly! I think the best thing is  MRA spoiler + 6 "X4" or 4x4 ceebayles. the 6" tall is ugly , (remember me the bwm gs,narrow head of horse ) But my question is whether 6" WIDE will affect the steering angle?
I am afraid of is making 160 or 200klmh on the freeway and the mra spoiler fly away :lol:

flaco

I use an Airhawk on a long trip, but I'm warming to the idea of a sheepskin. We got a lot of sheep in Cornwall. And llamas.
As for your screen, why not look at Palmer Products? They make a highly adjustable, very durable screen for Tigers. Chris Canning will say it makes your bike look like a greenhouse. Well maybe, but they do a damn good job. I've used the stock screen and the MRA Vario and finally stuck with the Palmer. I'm tall.
If you do go for the MRA, don't worry about the top insert flying off. You can bet MRA have made sure it will never happen.
All the best.
kernow bys vyken

rcgomes

Quote from: "flaco"I use an Airhawk on a long trip, but I'm warming to the idea of a sheepskin. We got a lot of sheep in Cornwall. And llamas.
As for your screen, why not look at Palmer Products? They make a highly adjustable, very durable screen for Tigers. Chris Canning will say it makes your bike look like a greenhouse. Well maybe, but they do a damn good job. I've used the stock screen and the MRA Vario and finally stuck with the Palmer. I'm tall.
If you do go for the MRA, don't worry about the top insert flying off. You can bet MRA have made sure it will never happen.
All the best.

can always buy an Australian like mine! after winter, washing machine and back to the house floor. the creen..i never heard of that brand, just ceebaileys, madstad, MRA , Jack Lilley.. this product is equal to madstad! which the price of Palmer? and photos? thank you. but ... I do not think very cute appearance! (It seems that the front is about to shed) I think a good screen + mra spoiler put the tiger LIKE FU ** kng  jet fighter CROSSED WITH 747!! But I appreciate the palmer pictures and price. hug

rcgomes

i search aloot in the web,My head is baked because the demand for tiger screen and I found out that your screen is quite good! My question is this:

your right!!

the palmer lots cheaper than the madstad! and very good!. the only problem is people say, That  That the fairing possible break or crack!(palmer biggest screen) so it is better to buy the medium size of the screen and put the mra spoiler on top ? for fast speeds etc? what you think?

less ajusters tool? whats this? no  marked  pictures in the website

and Palmer vs. madstad?

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/compo ... iewed.html

thanks