News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

shorty levers

Started by rybes, April 20, 2011, 11:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

anyone know of a pair of shorty levers thatll fit a steamer ? im gettin bored of squashin my little finger everytime i pull the clutch in   :roll:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

jwray76

cut them off and smooth off the ends. I did this on my last two rides and was very happy with the results. I did all my work with a dremel tool.

abruzzi

That's what I ended up doing.  I'm surprised there aren't any known replacements--I can't imagine the steamers are that unique from other mid 90s triumphs, but I couldn't find anything. So I just got a hacksaw.

Geof

rf9rider

I read on another site that Kawasaki ZRX levers would fit other T series Triumphs, probably fit the Steamer?

rybes

cheers blokes. dont fancy choppin mine down asi had em plastic coated and am to far away to just get em done again. cheers rf. ill go see if i can find me a cheap zrx lever to try out :wink:

rf9rider

Here ya go mate, going to try a set myself on the project Steamer when i get to the stage when i need them.

http://www.triumphrat.net/t3-sport-tour ... r-one.html

rybes

cheers for that rf. those cylinders look the same as steamer ones so fingers crossed eh. got another forum bloke havin a look to see if he has an old zrx lever i can try out then im gunna get these ones http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT 33 quid delivered and there from germany. so they are hopefully gooduns not chinese pressed tin foil :lol: :wink: ill post pics if i get em

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "rf9rider"I read on another site that Kawasaki ZRX levers would fit other T series Triumphs, probably fit the Steamer?

My Mechanic reckons the lever gear is common to a few Kawa's and Yam's. He tells me the oil filter he changed on the Striple is the same as that used on the 600 Kawa's and Yam's. The man has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of Jap bike bits from the 90's onward, good man to know for fixing the Steamer  :notworthy
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Those cheap Chinese ones on Ebay are pretty good, just fitted a set to the wifes Fazer.
Only time will tell if the colour rubs off though.  :lol: