News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New member from England

Started by Dave D, April 02, 2011, 12:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave D

Hi All,

Just joined you this week after finding out about you from a chap with a "Girly" on a ride out last weekend.

I own a '93 Caspain blue Tiger which is one of the earliest ones with the colour coded crankcases. I have owned it for over 3 years now and carried out the following :-

replaced sprag-clutch, luckily mine has the inspection plate
centre-stand
progressive fork-springs
braided hoses throughout
Givi top-box with detachable top plate
rebuilt the wheels with stainless spokes and powder-coated (black) the original rims as they where badly corroded
replaced leaking fuel tap/replaced needle valves in carbs
just fitted Michelin Annekee 11 tyres, not ridden yet

I have tried to attach a couple of pictures with no luck. What is the largest size file that I can attach?

Just an idea how about a New Members section on the Forum?

Looking forward to many "chats" on here and wish I found it earlier.

All the best,

Dave.
1993 Caspain Blue Tiger

Timbox2

Quote from: "Dave D"Hi All,

Just joined you this week after finding out about you from a chap with a "Girly" on a ride out last weekend.

I own a '93 Caspain blue Tiger which is one of the earliest ones with the colour coded crankcases. I have owned it for over 3 years now and carried out the following :-

replaced sprag-clutch, luckily mine has the inspection plate
centre-stand
progressive fork-springs
braided hoses throughout
Givi top-box with detachable top plate
rebuilt the wheels with stainless spokes and powder-coated (black) the original rims as they where badly corroded
replaced leaking fuel tap/replaced needle valves in carbs
just fitted Michelin Annekee 11 tyres, not ridden yet

I have tried to attach a couple of pictures with no luck. What is the largest size file that I can attach?

Just an idea how about a New Members section on the Forum?

Looking forward to many "chats" on here and wish I found it earlier.

All the best,

Dave.

Hi Mate and welcome. regarding pictures they have to be hosted on Photobucket/ Flickr or similar and then you point the link to them. There is a howto post pics somewhere, use the search function.
2016 Tiger Sport

The Midnight Rambler

Welcome Dave, good to see another southerner to balance out all those darn Celts eh Kenny?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

NeilD

hello and welcome... Caspian Blue 'Steamer' - best of the bunch  :D

think theres a few members down your way, and dont forget the UK meet in July in Wiltshire...

Neil

aeronca

welcome aboard 8)  blue is the best!!!
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

CoolHandLuke

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you have been a busy chap already :)

Dave D

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the warm welcome. The meeting in Wiltshire sounds very interesting, I'll have to check my work rota.

All the best,

Dave.
1993 Caspain Blue Tiger

blacktiger

Quote from: "Dave D"Hi Guys,

Thank you for the warm welcome. The meeting in Wiltshire sounds very interesting, I'll have to check my work rota.

All the best,

Dave.

Bollox to the rota. Take the time off. You know it'll be worth it just for the beer they have there. :lol:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "The Midnight Rambler"Welcome Dave, good to see another southerner to balance out all those darn Celts eh Kenny?

:lol:  we got another one signed in from our side O the wall  :lol: no idea where they've been cos i hardly see any Tiggers on the road up here  :lol:

Hey Dave D !! Welcome to TT.com  :thumbsup

could it be.............

:shock:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

MtheTiger

Quotewelcome aboard  blue is the best!!!
 8)

Amen !
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue