News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front fork quantity increase

Started by Chris Canning, December 07, 2010, 09:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "Chris Canning"looked at the quantity on my 01 955(720cc),it was 15wt that was already in,so changed it for the same but went 750cc instead.

I'm working that out (roughly) at a 25mm increase in oil level.
cc / (Py x fork I.D.) = height
30cc / (Py x 3.6cm) = 2.65cm

I've always been wary of going that much so I'd be interested to hear the results.

Well I still haven't ridden the bike,rolling it off the bike ramp it felt nice,which in reality may well be too stiff,as they say there's only one way to find out,but can be quickly rectified with a fork level syringe.

Chris Canning

Well got out today,throughly convinced it would be too much much,it is so nice to ride a Tiger with little fork dive what a joy,the longer I rode it the better it got,still need to ride the bike two and see what it's like,maybe with so little fork movement might put a tad too much pressure on the front tyre on a wet day,but certainley don't see me having to take more than 5/10cc out.

Had a new set of Pirelli Angels on,which felt little odd after Road 02's so they confused the issue a little as well.

NKL

I reduced my 06 model from 146mm to 125mm air gap, feels ok, still supple over the bumps on our good British roads and feels good on the brakes. Think I could go lower still but will leave it there for a while.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

jwray76

Reduced my air gap by 1" (25mm) today and will test it out on a nice long ride through the twisties tomorrow.

Oh and by the way do not drop your gap checking "tool" into the fork  :evil:

Chris Canning

Took 15cc out of each leg so the quantity is at 735 and feels good enough to leave at that and get a decent feel.