News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stick coils vs PVL's

Started by NeilD, April 25, 2011, 09:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave NL

Looks good! Also the connectors look the par! Where did you get the connectors if I may ask?
Getting the tiger back on the road.

GavD

I've used male spade connectors into the existing wiring loom and tiny female ones onto the sticks so that I can disconnect them from either end. All cables are tiewrapped to the frame spine to keep them away from hot things. Seems to be working fine at the moment.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

NeilD

yes the more I think about it, the more I'm favoring individual connectors at the loom end..

dave - the connectors came from here...

http://www.kojaycat.com/Motorcycle%20co ... %20way.htm

part number SNDC2W  - expensive but they fit..  I was going to go with individual crimp on terminals but wasnt sure about how to seal up the ends etc..

GavD

Looks very professional Neil, mines a bit more Heath Robinson!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

NeilD

Quote from: "GavD", mines a bit more Heath Robinson!

..mine might end up that way   :D

..just hope it sorts out the missfire problem..

dave NL

Quote from: "NeilD"yes the more I think about it, the more I'm favoring individual connectors at the loom end..

dave - the connectors came from here...

http://www.kojaycat.com/Motorcycle%20co ... %20way.htm

part number SNDC2W  - expensive but they fit..  I was going to go with individual crimp on terminals but wasnt sure about how to seal up the ends etc..

Great site! Usually its a pain to get connectors other than salvage!
Getting the tiger back on the road.