News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dielectric grease ??

Started by KuzzinKenny, March 07, 2011, 01:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

OK i'm confused  :icon_scratch  :?  ( nothin new ) after what happened to chairhead's Tigger with the toasted ECU plug n socket i was thinkin of usin this stuff to protect everythin from the elements but i now read that this stuff is conductive  :shock: WTF good is that !!

? is what to use ?

KK

http://www.marinco.com/product/dielectr ... e-compound

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/3/tube-silicone-grease
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Mustang

it's what you want .....................works great . also works on transistors and computer chips to shed heat thru the heatsinks .
will waterproof connectors too

KuzzinKenny

Hey Mustang !! its wierd  :?  everythin i read yesterday said it was conductive and the stuff i'm readin now says it's nonconductive  :icon_scratch

thats why i need this forum !!  :lol:

KK

ps is it the same as this stuff ?

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/31131-silico ... ypipe.html
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Mustang

nope not the same .....you want dielectric grease
white lithium grease will work too but get the dielectric

KuzzinKenny

JetdocX

I use Dow Corning DC-4 for many-many things on my bikes and jets.  I'm almost ready to try it on my french fries. :D
From parts unknown.

Timbox2

Glad this subject came up, went looking for some of this months ago and drew a blank, then forgot about it. Yep DC-4 looks like the stuff to go for.
2016 Tiger Sport

blacktiger

I found some on fleaBay a while ago.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

walker

I see... the description says "fights oxidation to improve conductivity"... I guess they mean conductivity of the actual metal contacts themselves.

The dow corning stuff looks interesting. I bought an 8oz bottle with a brush on the cap .... it was 3M brand.... and have only been able to use 3oz or so in the last 10 years. I even did all the connectors that were not sealed on a pickup truck with it.... so, a little will go a long long way.

KuzzinKenny

outrunner

You must have a jar of vaseline somewhere Kenny.  :ImaPoser

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Mustang

cosmo

Grease is all you need. As long as it does not conduct, you're good.

I use a tub of wheel bearing grease, as I upgraded to synthetic before I used up all the old stuff. So now it's a tub of dielectric wheel bearing contact paste.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "outrunner"You must have a jar of vaseline somewhere Kenny.  :ImaPoser

Andy.

Of coarse i have  :shock: but i don't want any garage debris in it !!  :roll:

:lol:

KK

ps is the beemer run in yet ??