News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Charley Boorman Rides across Canada - Extreme Frontiers

Started by Putts255, June 10, 2011, 05:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Putts255

Found out that Charley Boorman landed in Newfoundland today and will be starting a 6 week ride across Canada.  I hope he makes it to my neck of the woods.  But I believe I will be in Montana camping and riding the mountain roads on my Tiger with 4 other riders the time he makes it out here.

In his video update he invited everyone to meet up for s final ride on Vancouver Island the last week of July.  

Have not found a schedule yet but will keep looking.
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

JetdocX

Riding across in winter would be something.  Riding across in summer is a fucking vacation, IMO.  Why is this news?
From parts unknown.

Putts255

Well first he may be in my neck of the woods, be cool to meet him.  And from what I can gather, this mini TV series will have him doing various Extreme "Daredevil" type stunts as he crosses Canada, thus the "Extreme Frontiers" name.

I have been unable to find out what it is they will have him do, but would imagine the stunts will not all be easy.  

When more details come up I will post.  The neat thing is he is riding a BMW 1200 Adventure and will have a crew following him along the way as he stops and performs these stunts.  

I think it would be fun to meet up for the final ride on Vancouver Island.  Could be as many as 500 riders...

Just sharing....
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

D-Fuzz

I would like to meet the guy as well.  I have to admit that it was the Ewan & Charley stuff that got me hooked on adventure touring.  I got the first book for Christmas a number of years ago and once I started reading it, I was hooked.  I'd had street bikes in the past, but never kept them long as cruising around town didn't have much appeal to me.  But after reading about their trip, I knew that was the kind of riding I wanted to do.  My trip to Prudhoe Bay last summer was a direct result.  Riding up the Dalton and experiencing all the vast remoteness of the far North was one of the greatest experiences of my life.  I've learned quite a lot since reading that first book, but that started it all off for me.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black