News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Head Bearings done.

Started by Timbox2, August 08, 2011, 06:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

So after thinking it was the bearings, then not, then yes again got them replaced today by Bevans Cardiff, more time constraints than anything else.

They gave the old bearings back to me and at first look didnt seem too bad, but then had a closer look at the bottom taper race, fubar'd is the word. Oh yeah, this is after 50k miles so not a bad innings.

must have gotten used to it, but the ride home was a revelation.

Also got Bevans to change the Fork oil while they were at it, total bill £222, which to me aint that bad
2016 Tiger Sport

chairhead

As long as you're happy thats all that matters,
good blokes Eddy and Dave(mechanics)
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

metalguru

A bit of self centreing steering there me thinks. Strangly every tiger I have bought has always needed the head bearings doing and at nowhere near you milage so well done on that as they only seem to last 15-20k.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chris Canning

As I was saying to Tim the other day,mine has 32,000 on and while they don't center they ain't right either,but good enough till winter sets in and I'm board  :D