News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What do you use for oil and filters?

Started by greatbuffalo, June 07, 2011, 01:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

I'm sure this has been discussed at length but not much time to run through a bunch of threads to find the info right now.

What do you suggest for oil and filter for my 2001 955i?

I do not have access to a triumph dealer and would rather not order them. Would rather do business locally.

I use mobile 1 in my cars and trucks.

Would like suggestions for oil brand and weight, and filter brand and number if possible.

Thanks guys
2001 Triumph Tiger. Black

Putts255

I go to NAPA.  Their part number is 91365.  

If you do a search there is a thread in the "Sticky"'s that lists all the possible choices.  There are a lot to choose from.

Oil I use is Amsoil Motorcycle Oil.  Buy it by the gallon (case of 4) from a local guy.  Have used it for years.  

I have only done one oil change on my 2001 which will turn 5,000 miles old by this weekend.. ;)
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

greatbuffalo

Thanks a lot for the reply
Really appreciate it

Bixxer Bob

Good you got that over before Mustang spotted ANOTHER OIL THREAD. He'd have spanked you good  

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Putts255

Sorry Guys, should have spanked him and told him to do a search all right and proper but I am but a big old pussy cat.....
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

Bixxer Bob

Nah, only joking.  the bloke said he was pushed for time.  :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

greatbuffalo

Was a huge help and yes... I would have done the whole search thing but was in an area with very poor internet connection via my phone. I was in the sticks on South Dakota and wasn't planning a oil change. No motorcycle dealer withing 100 miles.

Thanks for the reply and for going easy on me. :oops:

Bixxer Bob

No worries man.  I really was only joking, no-one gets flamed here  :D

Mustang

What Bob said .................we are civilized here . After all we are laid back Triumph riders , you have to be to love these pigs like we do   :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser