News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

O2 sensor eliminator

Started by renagade, May 29, 2011, 10:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renagade

Well guy's this surging is getting on my nerves now and I think ao=part from a tuneecu I have read good results from a  O2 sensor eliminator. Have any of you guy's used one and did it help with the slow throttle surging?????
There are so many roads to ride and so little time to ride them.

Bixxer Bob

I already replied to your PM, but I've tried the eliminator and it didn't work for me but to be fair I didn't know what I was doing then.  AS I said in my reply, if you have the right stock tune, do the 12 minute tune to reset your trims and then fit the sensor you are givign yourself the best chance for it to work.  If not I have a good map I'm using at the moment... :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Patman1200

I've been riding my 2001 955i with the Lamda sensor disconnected entirely for over 5 years now and never had a problem. No low rev surging and no loss in performance or MPG and no engine light.
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock
1998 Bandit 1200 - Holeshot Stage 1 kit
2000 TTR 250 - Mud machine
1996 Bandit 400 vv - Screamer

Bixxer Bob

No MIL Light???  That's the whole point of the eliminator, to stop the fault being logged.

Did you disconnect it?  Or was it already done?  I read that instead of the eliminator you can just fit a 300 ohm wire-wound resistor across the plug when you disconnect and that works too.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Patman1200

Yup no MIL light and just disconnected the O2 sensor from the wiring harness.
What with mine not firing on cylinder 3 with no MIL lights I am wondering if I have a pre-production engine firmware with hardly any failure messages built in. The last time it saw a main dealer was the day I bought it in July 2001.
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock
1998 Bandit 1200 - Holeshot Stage 1 kit
2000 TTR 250 - Mud machine
1996 Bandit 400 vv - Screamer

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Patman1200"Yup no MIL light and just disconnected the O2 sensor from the wiring harness.
What with mine not firing on cylinder 3 with no MIL lights I am wondering if I have a pre-production engine firmware with hardly any failure messages built in. The last time it saw a main dealer was the day I bought it in July 2001.

That would make sense, but even so, you've proved it's not electrics or compression so it has to be fuel.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't start messing with the firmware if it was running well before this problem, you'll end up chasing your tail like a lot of folks on here.

Are the valve clearances ok?

Chris Canning

With me having a very early 955 it means that I stop the bike fit my 02 sensor and be back on the road within seconds for a direct comparison,it does stop the surging but flattens the motor to much for me.,and I haven't tried it with this new tune,it's normally in the pot by the phone with the loose change  :oops:

ChazzyB

Misfiring? You ain't had misfiring like I had last week in the Alps. MIL light? Sheesh, what's that!
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S