News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Using Your USB ODB2 cable on your Car / Truck????

Started by topher0268, May 30, 2011, 05:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topher0268

My cable works perfect with TuneECU on my tiger. I'm wondering if anyone has used the same cable successfully on your car or truck? I've tried various programs but I always get the same "no connection" message of some sort.

What settings are you using or is the automobile cable just a completely different chipset?????
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

Bixxer Bob

There are two common OBD pinouts in use, just Googlw OBDS pinout and you'll see.  

I used a free OBD scanner and standard cable to reset codes on both my bike and a friend's car before getting Tuneboy.  I now use the Tuneboy cable for Tuneboy and TuneECU but haven't tried it on a car.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...