News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Skinny tank Syndrome

Started by wingnut111, June 13, 2011, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingnut111

I had local bike shop put in metal fuel fittings, now my tank seems to have gone on a diet. After 15-20 miles if I open my gas cap the tank visibly pops out and grows in size. Did they reverse the lines or is my vent clogged? Anyone know?
If it has 2 or 3 wheels I\'ll ride it, race it or wreck it... possibly all three

jwray76

sounds like the vent to me. Don't think the bike would run with the fuel lines reversed. They may have mixed up the hoses for the tank vent.

ChazzyB

Quote from: "jwray76"sounds like the vent to me. Don't think the bike would run with the fuel lines reversed. They may have mixed up the hoses for the tank vent.

I believe the fuel rail has no valving, so should run either way round. Certainly, I found I could blow through mine, in either direction.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

KuzzinKenny

Hey ChazzyB !! check the vents anyway !! you should be able to suck air or $hit out of both of them ( left side of engine, the 2 rubbery pipes that hang loose ), open the fuel cap first !! DON'T blow cos any crap will end up in yer tank  :oops:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

And don't suck either, when you see the crap that comes out you'd catch Legionaire's at least  :shock:

Try this:

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... =tank+vent
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Robbie

If someone has been playing around down there then it may be just the roll over valve not positioned correctly

just keep it vertical
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger