News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fairing Fastners

Started by doug9270, July 05, 2011, 01:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug9270

Hi all, only recently swapped for a steamer and there some area's that need attention. Where can i buy a replacement fairing bolt kit from ?

NeilD

individual bolts and rubbers still available from Triumph .. not aware of any stainless kits if thats what you're after.. whatever you fit, dont do them up too tight!!!  :D  losing the occasional fastener is cheaper than fixing spinning tank nuts..

doug9270

Are the tank inserts available as i think somebody tried to be clever with alradite and a cut off bolt head !!

Zojirushi

This thread shows the needed acorn nuts to use as replacements along with the best way to secure them.  Good luck.  I'm going to the dealer for new rubbers today as well.

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... iring+nuts

MIMbox

Hi All.
If you have not got a seized tank screw, this may help.
I've succesfully used this setup on my Tigger for the last few seasons.
You will need
STAINLESS SOCKET SET (grub ) SCREW M6x25  x10
M6 x 18 mm WASHERS 3X DIAMETER STAINLESS x10
STAINLESS STEEL SERATED FLANGE NUTS M6 x 10
Use the existing rubbers if required.
 hand tighten in tank insert, liberally coated in copper grease.
Use 3mm allen key to hold the grub screw,
Tighten flange nut with 10mm ring,
 ( its a bit like adjusting tappets on old cars!!)
End result is not as aerodynamic, but if your nuts are spinning, it is not a problem

rybes

i had my old bolts re anodised. the cost of gettin each indivdual bolt was ridiculous. cost me 30 quid to get all my bolts and a handful of other bits and pieces done

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... c&start=40

pic of bolts near bottom of the page
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

97tiger885

Quote from: "doug9270"Hi all, only recently swapped for a steamer and there some area's that need attention. Where can i buy a replacement fairing bolt kit from ?

I have replaced most of my bolts with ordinary stainless steel button heads.  These bolts were about US60 cents each and available at the local hardware store.  The downside is that the head on the new buttonhead is smaller than the hole for the old bolt.  I fixed this by using rubber washers.  The upside is that the new bolts do not have the wider diameter shoulder between the head and the threads.  The reason I did this is because the tank stretch has gotten to the point where I couldn't get more than 2 or 3 bolts in w/o greatly stressing the bolt and this resulted in spinning nut syndrome.    I eliminated the shoulder and eliminated most of problem getting the bolts in due to the stretch.