News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dyno Run on 68,300 Mile Tiger

Started by CoolHandLuke, April 30, 2011, 04:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "tropicalwallah"Hi,

Have you had a chance to dyno the Tiger with the richer jetting???
I'm running similar 125-122.5-125 settings with less restrictive pipes and air-box. I,m getting about 15km per litre with a 19 tooth front sprocket @100 kmph  using 98 octane petrol and super duper iridium plugs.

Joe
No, I haven't had chance to get back there yet.

I am still getting around 50-55mpg.  I don't really go above 5,000 rpm, so this makes sense.  I have my moments, and it does seem to get to 100 a little quicker than it did before.

I am running 19 up front and 47 on the rear.  If you get chance, have a look at www.gearingcommander.com.  You'll see you may need to change your rear sprocket to reduce wear.

I'll update the thread when I get it back on the dyno.

nightrunner

That is impressive.  Its good to know how well these motors can hold up if cared for.  And the MPG is impressive.  I think I get around 50 with my 40/102 jetting.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

tropicalwallah

The Gearing Commander website is great. My rear Wheel/Tyre is a 160/60 and the stock Wheel/Tire is 140/80. I had failed to take this into account. I already have a 19 tooth counter sprocket and will change the rear from the stock 48 tooth to a 46 tooth sprocket. This will give the same overall gearing as a 900cc Triumph Trophy. First gear might be a little tall at car park speeds. I plan to change the idle from 950rpms to 1200rpms to compensate a bit.