News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

PLEASE HELP ME

Started by Expat Stu, July 28, 2011, 06:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Expat Stu

HI, I have a 1995 Steamer that is being VERY naughty.

The bike will start, tick over and rev till about 1/4 throttle then die. Close the throttle and it will pick up again.

I have had the carbs professionally cleaned, and replaced (big breath) sparkplugs, coils, air filter, ignition pick up sensor, inlet rubbers, HT leads and petrol.

PLEASE someone have some advice (other than torch the F'ing thing!) to give me a glimmer at the end of this long , dark, expensive tunnel.

I can't pop round your house to swap carbs etc, as I live in the canary islands , but if your coming out on holiday, well...

Mustang

is the right side of airbox capped off with a rubber cap ?
If it isn't it needs to be ..............

PompeyLad

Going back to basics. Sounds like it could be fuel starvation. When the carbs were cleaned was the little filter that is in the fuel line, where it connects to the carb fuel rail, cleaned/emptied out? Hang in there! I have had the same frustrations with a different bike in the past. That one turned out to be contaminated fuel. I feel for ya.

rf9rider

Which of the Canary Islands are you?

harre

Sometimes water in the fuel will collect at the bottom of the tank and give similar symptoms. Check by draining a little fuel into a glass jar and look for phase separation. Turn the petcock to the reserve position when draining.