News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new steamer owner

Started by pastyman, July 29, 2011, 08:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pastyman

hopefully in the right section now

hi all, i thought i would register as ive just bought my very first "steamer" and this seemed the place to have all the info  :D
anyway i live down in Plymouth, Devon and i collect the bike tomorrow
speak soon
pasty
oh and before i forget here's a pic

NKL

Welcome to the fold.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

rybes

nice lookin bike you have there mate. welcome in :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

the front wheel looks to be a 17 inch  :wink:
welcome to the addiction

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

pastyman

thanks for the welcome everyone  :D  well i picked the bike up today and didnt realise how high the thing is, so ill be lowering it on monday anyway as i said picked up the bike today and the quick 60 mile trip home turned into a 170 mile trip  8) . its the first triple i have owned and i must admit that the engine noise takes some getting used to, the bike overall is great although i do need to run some carb cleaner through the system as it does pop and backfire a bit. But the bike has only 74 miles in the last 18 months so just needs a bit of a clean up.

MtheTiger

Welcome aboard mate !

She's lookin'good......oh and the pops you do not wanna get rid off  8)  8)
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

Sin_Tiger

Welcome, you'll need therapy and however it transpired you found the right place.

I'm always surprised when I hear about lower milage finds that haven't been ridden for ages, personally I find it like an itch that has to be scratched. Nice, even if it is a slower clour  :wink:

Just what went through my mind Mustang.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Welcome, you'll need therapy and however it transpired you found the right place.

I'm always surprised when I hear about lower milage finds that haven't been ridden for ages, personally I find it like an itch that has to be scratched. Nice, even if it is a slower clour  :wink:

Just what went through my mind Mustang.

wash your mouth out mr sin. reds bein a slow colour ?????? come to denmark and ill prove ya wrong  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

pastyman

lol and yep for the eagle eyed amonst you they are 17's on there but the bikes still too high for me  :D

Mustang

Quote from: "pastyman"lol and yep for the eagle eyed amonst you they are 17's on there but the bikes still too high for me  :D
flip the chain adjuster eccentrics 180 degrees and pull the forks up in the trees about 3/4 inch , you will be able to flat foot it  :D

don't forget to shim the chainguard up about an inch :oops:

pastyman

thanks for reply and will be diong it tomorrow at work  :D

well i completed the lowering mods today (mon) and wow what a difference it makes  8)  and to top off the day i finished going through the paperwork i got with the bike and happy to say that the 37k on the clocks is genuine, so even happier with the purchase now

DWNUNDR

congrats... Jealous of the side boxes.. haha

Red is faster
1996 Tiger - which is pissing me off right now
2010 KLX110L for playing with the kids on the track out back...

akendall1966

Hi there ex-pat Devonian with a red steamer to here. I used to live in Derriford, where you at? Don't pay attention to SinT traffic is so button down in Singapore doubt his has gone 30mph :lol:
----AK-----