News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tool kit

Started by pastyman, August 03, 2011, 10:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pastyman

evenin all,

i was thinking to myself today, now i own a tiger and will prolly get a bit more adventurous with the trips the i do i was wondering :?:

if you do keep tools and spares on your bike what things do you have as necessity and what do you take as a nice-ity (made that word up  :D )

Timbox2

Quote from: "pastyman"evenin all,

i was thinking to myself today, now i own a tiger and will prolly get a bit more adventurous with the trips the i do i was wondering :?:

if you do keep tools and spares on your bike what things do you have as necessity and what do you take as a nice-ity (made that word up  :D )

Necessity: Mobile Phone
Niceity: Breakdown Cover, nope, make that necessity.
OH, and duck tape and zip ties
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

I have taken several long distance trips of more than 5000 miles at a time  on my 98 , and to be honest only needed tools once to do a roadside chain swap and front sprocket .
If heading out on a long journey I will make sure the tires are new to fairly new , I will bring a spare set of brake pads for front and rear , cuz you can't always find them readily at a bike shop .
I will make sure the oil and filter are changed right before leaving .

tigger 2 has a chain oiler so I will bring a small bottle of oil for it .
and I always , always bring a spare ignition sensor p/u .

For tools I bring what I need to do roadside repairs with
small multi meter
8mm, 10 ,mm 12,mm 14,mm 15,17,19 mm combo wrenches
3/8ths drive ratchet with torx bits that fit the brake caliper mounts and a 19mm socket for the rear axle
a 22 mm wrench for front axle nut
a 4 way screwdriver
roll of electrical tape
a dozen or so zip ties
and a metric allen wrench set that has 4, 5,6 8,12mm
and a small 12 volt air pump with some patches for tubes and now that I am tubeless I bring tire plugs also a set of motion pro tire irons
and a big fookin adjustable wrench

it all fits neatly into a canvas tool roll that doesn't take up much space in the top box .

This is the tool list for trips that I am thousands of miles from home  :D

shorter trips I generally bring nothing but a cell phone and a credit card  :D

pastyman

nice one, thank you  8)

rybes

i rebuiltmine and used allen headed bolts throughout. all i need now is a 19mm spanner the trusty triumph flippalbe screwdriver and a set of allen keys and a gerber.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)