News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

whats your mileage

Started by rybes, August 04, 2011, 01:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

i was just sat here bored and wondered what kindve mileage everyones bikes done and what things apart from oil filters plugs etc.. has needed changin. mines sat at the moment on 61520.0 in its life ive had to replace a head gasket (not needed as it turned out to be the ignition pick up) timin chain, timin chain guide, could do with a tensioner but my home made ones doin just fine at the mo and a clutch.
how bout yours ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Nick Calne

Mine had it's 30k birthday on the UK meet up.

The worse thing that's happened maintenance wise was the snapped swingarm!  Other than that it's been servicing and counteracting user neglect in the past. :roll:

Would benefit from a serviced rear shock and a little attention here and there but largely OK.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

aeronca

just rolled 59,000 on my way into work tonight.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

MtheTiger

Mine had 53K km's when I bought it.
I put another 10K on it the last 16 months and did an overhaul.

Things that had to be replaced @ 56K:
- pickup & gasket
- chain & spockets
- chain slider & swingarm protection
- plugs
- oil
- front rotors
- all pads
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

cosmo

'06 at 26,000.

Nada, zilch, nOTHING!!

Though I've been through one set of tyres and brakes, two sets rear pads, Triumphs like to wear through those.

Still have the original battery, and all lamps, save the h'lights, I upgraded.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Spud

06' at 22k nothing but tyres and oil, filters and pads cheers Spud  :wink:

Chris Canning

01, 32,000 miles, female fuel connectors  :evil:

MtheTiger

@ 60K I did some farkling:

- LED's everywhere except the headlights
- Trophy casted 3 spoke wheels (see post elsewhere)
- Pilotroad 2's   130 front & 180 rear  8)
- Yamaha petcock retrofit (see post elsewhere)...this one doesn't leak ! :evil:
- rear hugger

She's now @ 63K & more farkles:
- Voltmeter & relais installed
- Nice gold tinted H4's (stands really out in all the xenon around so I'm noticed)

Also, chain has to be tensioned.

August 22 I'm off to the Harz (Germany) with her on a 2K trip.

Cheers

M
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

Patman1200

54,000 miles on one of the 2001 model press launch bikes, so first of the girlies out of the factory.

The only things that have failed are the stator, inlet manifold gasket and a coil.
One of the windings on the stator failed, still outputting 14v to the battery but not enough ooomph to actually charge it. We needed a 'scope to detect that problem as the windings were still giving good continuity through them.

The coil died at the same time or very shortly after the inlet gasket manifold died.

Apart from that everything else is just consumables.

My Tigger will be used by me until it collapses in a heap of oxidised metal
 :D
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock
1998 Bandit 1200 - Holeshot Stage 1 kit
2000 TTR 250 - Mud machine
1996 Bandit 400 vv - Screamer

HockleyBoy

49,000 miles on my 05

Head bearings 25k and reg rec at about 40k other than that routine stuff.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

zadok_oz

114,000km (71,000ml) Fuel connectors only.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Sasquatch

2001 955i  55k miles

Had a batch of soft intake valves that would be at negative clearance at 6k intervals.  When shims were not thin enough I replaced the head with a used one.

I am having a continuing fuel gauge problem that is heat related.  Need to find time to figure it out using a heat gun to locate the problem area.

Bike burns oil a bit, but I am convinced it is going out the breather and getting sucked up through the air box and down the intake.  Might come up with my own breather, separator design.

Still no other bike on the market that I would trade her for.

Sin_Tiger

86,000 miles,

Just about completed a complete rebuild, only because of the self inflicted injuries by previous muppets that had been servicing, or not, her.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

CoolHandLuke

Mine is at 72,000.

Timing chain @ 49,000 (for good measure and on a recommendation.  Better to be safe than sorry).
    I changed the clutch @ 35,000 miles as I had no idea of its condition or how it had been used (it would have probably lasted until 100k, tbh).
    The wiring loom was in a real state, especially around the headstock, so I completely rewired the bike.
    The pilot jet needles became one with the rest of the carbs, so they were binned and replaced with Keihin.

PeteH

Mines done around 37k, head bearings done at 18k(MOT job??) and the head gaskets been done due to the cold weather weeping at the rear of the cylinders, Fault in the wiring loom from the clutch switch..not bad in 7 years of ownership...touch`s wood :wink:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour