News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

whats your mileage

Started by rybes, August 04, 2011, 01:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKL

Done about 28000 miles, other than service stuff I had to replace the battery, chose to replace the rear shock and head races at 24k service.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Geoff W

My '96 steamer has 54.000 miles on it, I have done 49, 250 of them. I bought her at 5 years old.
The exhausts were replaced with Motads when the welds on the welds were giving up (lots of salt on the roads here). The coil pick up was replaced at about 30,000 miles, may be due another soon. The regulator was replaced at about 40,000 miles. Rear disc at about 35,000 miles as the brake was not releasing fully. A hagon shock went on at 35,00 miles, and another one at 51,000 miles. Progressive springs replaced the originals at 40,000 miles, and are now starting to feel a bit soft, probably need new oil. Swing arm cracked at the pinch bolt at 52,000 miles , just before a trip to Germany, was replaced with a silver one from a breaker. I don't do as much commuting on her as I used to, so I now do about 4,000 miles per year.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

zombie2

60 something thousand and as posted here rings cos I let it go low on oil and new stator regulator , absolutely love this thing and can't part with it.

Colonel Nikolai

1996 Tiger, Black, just under 32,000 miles. I'm one of many owners, it seems (I have no idea why).

- Rear shock replaced at 29,000 with a Sasquatch rebuild with gold valve. This is the single best-value-for-the-money upgrade I think anyone can do for their Tiger.

- Carbs were rebuilt by the dealer after I got it.

- Checked the valves this winter: all of them within spec, no adjustments needed.

This is the second 96 Triumph I own: the first is a Sprint with 45,000 miles. Brought that one back from the dead: hit a 9-point buck at 50 mph at 28,000 miles. I checked her valves this winter and only replaced 2 exhaust shims by one setting. She runs as well as when I got her (and can beat the tiger).
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

aeronca

[/img]

just rolled 60000 on the way to work last night 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

rybes

its good when a ten thousand mark comes round aint it.  :D  got just over 1900 miles to do on mine at the end of the month. gunna be a good ride  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Brit/Man

got my baby sep 2008 with 26,000 km on her, on the 22,03,2012 we toped 100,000 km :D
So you all know why my english is so bad, I faild my 11+(WGAF) but I'am doing OK in life :-)

I`am to old too die young.

Don`t dream of the past,
Don`t dwell on the future,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.

BigDan

My 2006 Girly is on for 38,000 miles.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

kelpie_67

2000 885i with nearly 60,000kms on her- got rid of my car and now use her as my primary transport - smiling like a loon everyday on the way to work - even in the rain!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
2000 885i yellow - can you see me now?

GatorTiger

Got my 2001 Girly in 2002 with 8000 miles on the clock. Put it into storage end of 2007 with 77000 miles on it and the gasline plugs and a clutch cable were the only things that broke. Changed the oil and put gas in and rode it to get there... Got back for a visit in 2011, put a new battery in, added some fresh gas, started her up and went for a another 1500 miles or so during my 10 day stay...  :D  :D  :D

Got me a 1994 steamer in Germany in 2008 with 108000 km (63000 miles), that had been sitting on the side of the road for several years. New plugs, new oil, new gas, using a car batt: vroom!!!  :D Took me a year to find the time to get through German inspection. It has 138000 km on the odo now. Again only plugs, oil, gas used... The DAR was taken care of before my time.

I love 'em both!!!!!  8)
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

GatorTiger

Quote from: "Brit/Man"got my baby sep 2008 with 26,000 km on her, on the 22,03,2012 we toped 100,000 km :D

Are you coming to the Katzenrally in June since the ADV meet won't take place this year??
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

bunker

My '94 Steamer will crack 58,000 miles on the way home later.
Bought a year ago with just over 50k on it; last owner put a new Hagon shock on it just before the sale.  I've replaced front brake pads, seals and needed new discs for the MOT this year (one was cracked), other than that its had an oil change (and top ups when needed).

Love it  8)
Tiger 885

fnjeep314

I have an 01 with 21K on it. It seems to be the lowest mileage 01 on here thus far!! I have done all the regular maintenance to make sure it was all done. Nothing has broken during my ownership so far. I had to replace the handle bars from being bent from the PO.
I do things!

Chris Canning

Quote from: "fnjeep314"I have an 01 with 21K on it. It seems to be the lowest mileage 01 on here thus far!! I have done all the regular maintenance to make sure it was all done. Nothing has broken during my ownership so far. I had to replace the handle bars from being bent from the PO.

An 01 and if you haven't done the female fuel connectors,your on borrowed time!!!

Chad

still new to the tiger as ive only had her a few months but

mines  an 02 with 46 thousand miles previous owner snapped a chain , but with no real history i decided to put another set on for good measure.

fuel connectors have been done but im thinking of installing a stainless steel set for good measure :D

charging system is healthy  even on the STD set up and ive just re-built front and rear callipers as this seems to be the only thing the previous owner slacked on :?

its a great bike and im loving it  :headbang  :D
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida