News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

More Head Shaking...

Started by Danny955i, August 16, 2011, 02:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKL

Front tyre is way to hard.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Chris Canning

From the days when I ran stock,42rear 36 front,8mm forks through the top yoke,any more than that and the bike would tuck.

Rear shock max preload every stock shocked tiger I've owned was ridden like that from the day I collected them from the dealer,I'm 12stone or X 14 for pounds :D

One/two up,normal/ flat out it ran fine and straight.

The 8mm was what the factory(on a visit) suggested on a hush hush basis :roll:

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Chris Canning"From the days when I ran stock,42rear 36 front,8mm forks through the top yoke,any more than that and the bike would tuck.

Rear shock max preload every stock shocked tiger I've owned was ridden like that from the day I collected them from the dealer,I'm 12stone or X 14 for pounds :D

One/two up,normal/ flat out it ran fine and straight.

The 8mm was what the factory(on a visit) suggested on a hush hush basis :roll:

I run Anakee II at 36F, 42R. Shock between 3 and 4, but can't remember current damping clicks, forks 25mm through, rear eccentric swivelled, which lower back 40mm, by my reckoning. I'm a bit heavier than 12 stone... No detected problems when I get onto private roads and exceed the NSL...
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Danny955i

Result:

Front tire pressure 32psi cold.  Rear shock full preload and damping. No case or panniers.

Head shake is all but gone. Im thinking ill still raise the shocks to only the thickness of the cap above the trees and be done with it.

The bulk of the issue was definitely the tire pressure,.

Putts255

Sounds like you have the problem taken care of.

I know that when I put new Shinko's on my Tiger I had 3 different speeds that gave me the shakes.  50 kph (30 mph), 70 kph (45 mph) and 130 kph (80 mph).  

Per Mustang's recomendation I loaded up some Dyna Beads, no real immediate change, slightly better at the high speed.  So Mustang advised me to ride it out for a while (Live with it!!) and they generally come around.

Well I have over 4,000 km's (2,500 miles) on the tires now and I only have a slight wobble at 50 kph and even less at 130.  the 70 wobble is all gone.
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black