News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Its been fun

Started by NKL, August 23, 2011, 01:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKL

But the Stella Alpina was the straw etc.
I have loved my Tiger and as a tarmac muncher it is fantastic, rode an 800xc and the engine is fantastic but there were too many little niggly things I did not like, and the cost of course. Then this turned up at a great price.

Full luggage, scott oiler, HID headlight, heated grips, sat nav bracket.
So the tiger will be up for sale in the very near future.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

iansoady

Yeah, but it's so...... ugly!
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Chris Canning

As one gent once said to me,part of owning a bike is walking past it in the garage and looking at it and thinking 'yea thats alright',you ain't never going to think that walking past that KTM, jeeze is that is one ugly B,even makes my 955 tiger good looking  :D

JTT

I like it NKL...of course I also own a KLR and 955i Tiger  :wink:

I am curious the things you didn't like about the 800XC (aside from price)
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

blacktiger

And now, of course, you'll start to find out all the, many, niggling faults and idiosyncrasies of the 990. Like you'll have to carry around a spare water pump. And all the oil falls out through the balancer shaft because it's used as the engine breather. Etc etc etc.
I do like them but the faultless reliability I've had with my Girly sold me the XC. And, with 65000 miles on my Girly means it's not worth selling it so I've now got a zoo.  :D
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

BONANZA

I like it. I was seriously thinking about a 950 KTM before I got the Tiger but couldn,t find one that I wanted at a price I could afford. Why do people say they,re ugly but still ride a Girly? :lol:
As I said its a nice looking bike.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

JetdocX

And you'll need a second mortgage to maintain it unless you do the work yourself.  I helped a pal do an oil change on his 950 once.  Never again. :roll:
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

Have fun with the new bike.  Them KTM's look like a lot of fun.  :lol:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NKL

Always do my own spannering, it's the only way you know it's been done properly
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

PeteH

Quote from: "NKL"Then this turned up at a great price

I do hope it was priced at £land :wink:  as ugly does`nt even start to describe it. Good ride reviews in the press mind :)

Enjoy and keep it shiny side up :)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"I helped a pal do an oil change on his 950 once.  Never again. :roll:

yep they are an all day project just to change the oil  :cry:
they make a steamer seem like childs play :shock:

JTT

yup, but they rock in the dirt.  Feels like a proper dirtbike, well up to the point it starts to fall over  :wink:  Your gonna love it NKL
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Nick Calne

Quote from: "Mustang"yep they are an all day project just to change the oil  :cry:

Really? :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

Quote from: "nickcalne"
Quote from: "Mustang"yep they are an all day project just to change the oil  :cry:

Really? :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Yes.  Really.  Not engineered to be worked on easily.
From parts unknown.

daveb

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "JetdocX"I helped a pal do an oil change on his 950 once.  Never again. :roll:

yep they are an all day project just to change the oil  :cry:

one of the guy i know basically had to strip the bike back tp a rolling chassis for an oil change, all plastics removed etc