News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Emblematic ?

Started by jphish, August 27, 2011, 12:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

Whilst on 2 week fishing / riding trip aquired the dreaded bubbles under front stripe, right side. I think the tigger got sun burned in hot Montana. Also the oval "TRIUMPH" emblem popped off right side case somewhere. Anyone know where / if replacements available ? Trivial thing for sure - but I keep looking at the 'hole' & afraid I'm fixated on it now! Other than that - Girly performed flawlessly - wonderful machine. TTFN, j

Spud

Lost my right pannier badge a long time ago, not managed to find a replacement so if you find please post  cheers Spud  :wink:

topher0268

Try this site. I think you can get the sticker kits here:

http://www.originaltriumphparts.info/
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

jphish

topher0268 - Thanks a lot, will give them a try. Spud - will let you know of any success. I will also try my dealer - they're pretty good about such things. Will order an xtra 1 for you, if I can locate any. Cheers, j

jphish

Spud - got 2 badges ordered through my dealer in Tacoma. Should be here in 10 days. Send me your mailing address and I'll ship one. toodles, j

Putts255

I got my 2 through the local dealer as well.  Took about a week or so, cost was about $12 for both of them....kinda steep but hey where else you going to get them.  

I will be sanding down the side cases this fall and painting them.  Have an extra set of Triumph side bags I got from someone local for pretty cheap, have the mounts etc as well.  Once I decide which bags I will keep (both sets are scratched on the RHS) I will sell the mounting brackets and bags through here.  They are both black.  

I was told that sanding them down and repainting is not too difficult as the actual painted surface is not that big.
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "topher0268"Try this site. I think you can get the sticker kits here:

http://www.originaltriumphparts.info/

This one gives ya prices  :wink:

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.p ... umph_parts

14   PFKL1218881   BADGE. OVAL. PLASTIC   £ 4.22

i think they're all the same size  :? as this ones for the dash !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

jphish

@ $6 - about same here. But as Putts said - where else ya going to get em ? My stock side cases are going into storage. Have Zega Pro's for 800 - ordered an additional SU rack from Happy Trails for Girly - will just switch back and forth depending on what tiger I take. Hopefully mounting holes will all line up. j

kev w

For those in the UK, I got new badges for the panniers from Total Triumph in Taunton tel:01823358899. £5 each including postage. They are pretty helpful and may well post abroad. I roughed up and superglued these ones on in the hope of them remaining in place.
Cheers,
Kev
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R