News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Best aftermarket exhaust sound?

Started by jp7rgv, September 01, 2011, 07:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jp7rgv

Hi,
which is for you the best aftermarket exhaust for tiger 955i
as i want to buy one(if anyone sale one i am interested to buy).
quill, tor, remus, or anything else?

kev w

Quill Evo II, no baffle...gggrrrrrrr. Loud but really 'throaty', sounds fantastic, scares old ladies and small children. Run it with the baffle in most of the time just to avoid upsetting the neighbours too much. Passed it's MOT with the baffle in as well.
Despite the bad reputation Quill are meant to have I found them excellent and reliable with their three week lead time.
Just need to get back out riding her again!
Kev
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R

Bear

Quote from: "jp7rgv"Hi,
which is for you the best aftermarket exhaust for tiger 955i
as i want to buy one(if anyone sale one i am interested to buy).
quill, tor, remus, or anything else?

http://www.staintune.com.au/exhausts/tr ... er_955.htm   :twisted: I love mine.
2006 Black Tiger
Street Triple (Minister for War & Finance)
DZR 250 K6 (Kids)
KTM 600
TT600
XT250
KT120

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

jp7rgv

never heard the staintune on  955i.
i search the youtube but didn't find anything and at their site the video link doesn't work!
which produces more bass noise?
also staintune is very expensive!!!
maybe a used one?

KuzzinKenny

Hey jp7rgv !! it helps if ya put what part O the Globe yer on  :lol:

i have one of these.....

https://www.blueflameperformance.com/bi ... tlet.html#

but they do these.....

https://www.blueflameperformance.com/bi ... 00-on.html

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

gatorwesty

staintune best for me, I have had two and sold both, but now have triumph tor and is is nice and deep, but still like the staintune the best. I also had a custom micron and custom rotle exhaust. 1 is staintune, 2 is triumph tor

jp7rgv

Quote from: "gatorwesty"staintune best for me, I have had two and sold both, but now have triumph tor and is is nice and deep, but still like the staintune the best. I also had a custom micron and custom rotle exhaust. 1 is staintune, 2 is triumph tor

i have just fitted the TOR exhaust/tune and i am very happy.

tried to find a staintune but nothing!

maybe in the future if i find a good used one?

do you have any videos with the sound of staintune?

TigerTrax

BY FAR...
the best sound came from a short lived, GORGEOUS, custom made pipe
designed by a hot rodder.... the RotLe pipe....

It had a sound like no other ... wrap it up and it sounded like
an Indy car.

The pipe was polished stainles, lightweight, and packed with a ceramic the prevented the outside from getting hot. It was very warm, but after an all day ride you could lay your hand on it.

Problem: The packing deteriorates enough to turn that gorgeous sound into a deafening roar..... at 20mph - 35 mph; Highway is OKAY. But your
neighbors will not like you. You can drown out most Harleys!

I still have one and would like to rebuild it.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

jp7rgv

Quote from: "TigerTrax"BY FAR...
the best sound came from a short lived, GORGEOUS, custom made pipe
designed by a hot rodder.... the RotLe pipe....

It had a sound like no other ... wrap it up and it sounded like
an Indy car.

The pipe was polished stainles, lightweight, and packed with a ceramic the prevented the outside from getting hot. It was very warm, but after an all day ride you could lay your hand on it.

Problem: The packing deteriorates enough to turn that gorgeous sound into a deafening roar..... at 20mph - 35 mph; Highway is OKAY. But your
neighbors will not like you. You can drown out most Harleys!

I still have one and would like to rebuild it.

never hear about this exhaust. where to buy? cost? any sound videos?

Mustang

they were very limited production ..they are made of unobtainium  :shock:  :ImaPoser

AK Tiger

Ah, the RotLe pipe ... I had one.  I bought it from someone on this site and sold it to someone on this site.  Wow, was it loud!  I ride 80 miles a day, to and from work, and it just was too loud to be useful.  

I'd still like to find a TOR pipe and give it a long term test.  I had a chance to get one for $125 and didn't; still kicking myself for that!
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

jp7rgv

Quote from: "AK Tiger"Ah, the RotLe pipe ... I had one.  I bought it from someone on this site and sold it to someone on this site.  Wow, was it loud!  I ride 80 miles a day, to and from work, and it just was too loud to be useful.  

I'd still like to find a TOR pipe and give it a long term test.  I had a chance to get one for $125 and didn't; still kicking myself for that!

if anyone have one for sale i would be interested.
any sound examples anyone?
i bought my brand new TOR for 103GBP.worth every penny!

jp7rgv

Quote from: "Mustang"they were very limited production ..they are made of unobtainium  :shock:  :ImaPoser

maybe adamantium or cryptonite..... :ImaPoser

Mustang

Quote from: "jp7rgv"
Quote from: "Mustang"they were very limited production ..they are made of unobtainium  :shock:  :ImaPoser

maybe adamantium or cryptonite..... :ImaPoser

more like hens teeth or rocking horse shit