News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mr Palmer. A bit cheeky I think.

Started by Tigertriple, September 08, 2011, 09:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

I was having a look on the Palmer Products website and was surprised to find two photos of my Tiger under the customer photo section. Dropped the following note to Iain Palmer. A bit of a piss take or is it just me?

Hi Iain,

While having a look at your customer photos I was surprised to find two pictures of my 955 Tiger on your website. One is when I had a colour matched Givi E52 box and the other is with Trekker panniers and Bagster tank cover fitted. Both of the photos are on the 2nd page of customer photos.

I don't recall sending these photos to you or giving my consent for you to use them for marketing use.  I am a big fan of your products and have given many positive recommendations on Tigertriple.com and ADV rider. However I own the copyright on these photos and would ask that you remove them from your site as I have not given my permission for the  use of these photos.

As I do not benefit from any preferential pricing from you there is no reason for me to provide you with free marketing photos. I do not mean to be unreasonable but you are running a business and as such should know better than to lift photos without the permission of the owner.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

rf9rider

Well said.
Although if they were to offer you some discount, that would make sense.

Tigertriple

Quote from: "rf9rider"Well said.
Although if they were to offer you some discount, that would make sense.

Thanks for your support on this. :D

I would have no problem in giving him photos wheather I got a discount or not, although any discount is always welcome. All he had to do was ask. I'm annoyed that he has taken them with out my consent to promote his products. I'm all for supporting small business's especially in these hard times. I just don't like being taken advantage of.

In fairness to Iain Palmer he did give me a small discount last year on my tank decal in return for giving him a good review on the Triumph Rat Forum. That would have been the ideal time to ask me for some photos.

I wonder how many others are on his site without the consent of the copyright owner   :?:

daveb

good call, as you took the photos you own the copyrite on your photos,  :D

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/prote ... _copyright

Tigertriple

Made a bit of an arse of myself here. After further discussion with Iain Palmer it has been clarified that I did send Iain an email last year to allow him to use photos of my bike on his website. I had been in discussion with him last year but forgot that I had emailed him some photos. :BangHead  :oops:

So, Mr Palmer if you are reading this please accept my sincere apologies for being a twat.

However, Iain has used a more recent photo of my bike which was most likely taken from this forum without my permission. Iain has apologised for this and will remove the photo from his site. Iain said that this was a genuine mistake. We have both made our apologies and have hopefully moved on.  :D

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Tigertriple"I had been in discussion with him last year but forgot that I had emailed him some photos. :BangHead  :oops:

It's an age thing  :lol:  :lol:

I should know  :shock:

:wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Spud

Takes a "man" to appologies  :oops:  

Cheers Spud  :wink:

Tigertriple

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"
Quote from: "Tigertriple"I had been in discussion with him last year but forgot that I had emailed him some photos. :BangHead  :oops:

It's an age thing  :lol:  :lol:

I should know  :shock:

:wink:

KK

:iagree