News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1200 mergefest **all 1200 chat here

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 10, 2011, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Tiger-G"My apologies if the 955 tank is only 23 litres, I could have sworn it was 24 ??

Hey Big Tiger G !!  :lol: as per Triumph handbook........

FUEL
Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Unleaded 95 RON
Tank Capacity . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 24 Litres

KK

ps nice one Mustang - is "sunday bimble " code for "snow up to my ass "  :ImaPoser
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

chairhead

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"
Quote from: "Tiger-G"My apologies if the 955 tank is only 23 litres, I could have sworn it was 24 ??

Hey Big Tiger G !!  :lol: as per Triumph handbook.......

FUEL
Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Unleaded 95 RON
Tank Capacity . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 24 Litres

KK

ps nice one Mustang - is "sunday bimble " code for "snow up to my ass "  :ImaPoser

Hey KK!! :lol:  as per the Triumph sevice manual.............i can only write what i read :wink:

ps i take you know as to what Mustang is refering?  :ImaPoser
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

KuzzinKenny

Quote - ps i take you know as to what Mustang is refering?

Oh Yeah !!  :lol: your half polar bear, you !!  :lol:

23, 24  :roll: as usual, Triumph left hand don't know wat the right hands do'in !! i think we should just call it 23.5 Lt    :wink:

when i get anywhere near 200ml i'm on the lookout for fuel no matter wat the gauge says   :shock:

KK

ps not long now till the white stuff !!
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

chairhead

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"i think we should just call it 23.5 Lt    :wink:

KK

Good shout :lol:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

Wife Permitting, I hear you  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Well spent a good half hour looking and having a sit on it close up at the NEC show,I could waffle on about the pro's and cons',but I'll shorten it by saying it's a NO from me. :(

chairhead

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Well spent a good half hour looking and having a sit on it close up at the NEC show,I could waffle on about the pro's and cons',but I'll shorten it by saying it's a NO from me. :(

C'mon Chris,

spill the beans.............,good bad no matter :roll:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

Seating position is classic BM GS,nice engine and tranny,jesus it must have the smallest rear dif I've ever seen on a bike bar non,but the rest on close inspection in my eyes is a just a lash up,stead of all the plastic crap they've stuck on the side of the tank(to make it nice and wide!!) that could just as easily been fuel tank and a lot less to break.

But the wheels  :( ,I'm no lover of the 19" wheels it has all the disadvantages of both a 21" and 17" either put a 21 in an attempt to make it a proper offroader of a 17" to give loads of front end grip,and how the hell they hope to channel all that HP though that Mickey Mouse back wheel I've no idea  :? .

But hey,beauty is in the eye of the beholder,and I'm sure someone will be along who has a deposit on one or intends to buy and say other wise and on a test ride be fantastic,but definetly not my bag.

chairhead

Thanks for you're input Chris,

im not in the market for a new bike,tbh theres not alot out there that

interests me,i think though i could quite easily have another Girly as a

solo machine for quick blats to the continent
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

MikeBenzon

Quote from: "Chris Canning"But the wheels  :( ,I'm no lover of the 19" wheels it has all the disadvantages of both a 21" and 17" either put a 21 in an attempt to make it a proper offroader of a 17" to give loads of front end grip,and how the hell they hope to channel all that HP though that Mickey Mouse back wheel I've no idea  :? .

But hey,beauty is in the eye of the beholder,and I'm sure someone will be along who has a deposit on one or intends to buy and say other wise and on a test ride be fantastic,but definetly not my bag.

My experience with the 19" front wheel is that it is a whole hell of a lot better on the dirt and gravel than the 17" wheel and it's not a lot worse than a 17" wheel on the paved road. I can keep a pretty good pace with the sport bikes on the paved roads with my Girly, but they can't come close to do what I can do off road. If you do not have any plans to run in the dirt I can certainly see why you wouldn't like the 19" wheel.
Now the rear wheel and tire on the new bike, that's another story, I suppose that's why the bike will come with traction control (did it see that correctly?).

Thanks Chris for your observations, I've been waiting for exactly that kind of feedback.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

The Midnight Rambler

I had a good look today at the NEC, and the first thing I noticed was with the standard seat in low position I had both feet flat on the ground no problem. With my Girly my heels are a good half inch or so in the air. Has to be good for low speed confidence. This has been acheived, partially at least, by narrowing the seat at the front.
The power socket is at the front of the tank by the headstock, good for satnav, and the rear suspension is hand adjustable, probably while sitting on the bike.
 Screen is adjusted by slackening off on both sides and tilting to the desired angle. not something you could do on the move. The taller version is 30mm higher and it looks like it needs it. The man said they have spent a lot of time working on aerodynamics following my comments on how crap the standard setup on my Girly is, it certainly looks like its off a GS!
Apparently the Arrows can option is "smaller" but not that much, although there will be more options and accessories than any previous Triumph, now theres a surprise.
The same panniers are fitted to the 800 and are linked by a bar across the back which allows them to move from side to side, Very odd arrangement in my view and certainly not one you would want to drop.

And if you get your order in quick you get lots of goodies including the spot lights and crash bars for the first however many orders.
I won't be one of them, I want to see how it goes first, but I will be looking very seriously at it (once I have seen what the new Trophy looks like)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

Chris Canning

If you have a spare half hour amuse yourself going through this,bearing in mind no one has ridden one,the tank thread and who rides like what is a good'un!!.

Am I the only one who's starting to think the ugly first spy shot may have been the better option  :roll:

http://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php

Tiger-G

Quote from: "Chris Canning"If you have a spare half hour amuse yourself going through this,bearing in mind no one has ridden one,the tank thread and who rides like what is a good'un!!.

Am I the only one who's starting to think the ugly first spy shot may have been the better option  :roll:

http://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php

Chris,

It's not often we agree on anything but yes the spy shots with the big tank was the bike for me. Triumph lost their bottle and f@cked up yet again with the Tiger !!
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

If I can digress a little.

The tank thread is something that rarely gets spoken about,I've spent the majority of my life before the internet,I got my info from my pers on a face to face basis,you now have the internet warrior who talks a good fight and if they are on a board long enough you work out that their idea of biking isn't yours,and that thread hilighted that with diffrent opinions on travelling on a bike,it's almost worth keeping a note of names etc,because the guy who tells you how good his tyres are in another thread you see he thinks 300 miles down the road is a long way.

I got involved with a Tiger ride out many years ago,these guys turned up all the gear and apart from the guy running it with his little boy on the back and his mate with a GS it was embarassing,as my other half said 'What the hell are we doing with this lot',but they have an opinion like it or not.

Re the 1200

Have Triumph f/up well they have for me,but I'm aware that I'm in the minority,most customers are not hard core,who don't go travelling to southern Spain on their bike for a holiday,they leave it in the garage and go to Spain on package and lie on the beach for two weeks,and come back to the internet to talk tosh about bikes,one of the best sources of info I have ever come across is the bike queue at the ferry port.

So when it comes to selling units!!! I think it'll sell well,the fact that oddballs like me/you/BT do something different doesn't make it wrong,I went to the NEC with an open mind,it was like bees round a honeypot and just great people watching even how they get on and off a bike  :roll: ,but their money is as good as yours or mine and in the end there's a lot more of them,even though I'd put them firmly in the numpty class,it's the way it is!!!

Sin_Tiger

Your diatribes are always a good read Chris, even for a numpty like me   :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint