News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1200 mergefest **all 1200 chat here

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 10, 2011, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

It's an interesting write up,needs a certain amount of digesting because if you read between the lines it doesn't strike me as the great white hope everyone was expecting,open to interpretation I guess!!

Bixxer Bob

I know it's new from the ground up, but it's about 2 yrs too late.  Back then I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket and wasn't getting on with the Girly :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Well I have to say I don't think it's a great write up,you never get to find the truth untill either another model(same sector) comes out, or a later version of the same bike,then they really tell you what they think when the pressure is off.

The way they reference both Multistrada and GS for things that are better tells you it's OK but not much more than that.

Bixxer Bob

I was scratching my head when they said it carried it's weight lower than a GS. It's an upright long stroke triple. How can that be?/ :?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I was scratching my head when they said it carried it's weight lower than a GS. It's an upright long stroke triple. How can that be?/ :?

But you might find that the crank is lower on the Explorer. If you look at a GS the cylinders (and therefore the crank) are actually quite high off the ground and have to be to allow the bike to lean over. So if Triumph have managed to get the crank and some of the gearbox lower than a GS then that's how.
Someone cleverer than me can superimpose the two bikes to find out for sure.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

With advent of a sport Tiger in the offing looks like everyone is going to be happy  :D

Tiger-G

Quote from: "Chris Canning"With advent of a sport Tiger in the offing looks like everyone is going to be happy  :D

I'll challenge that statement    :(
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Tiger-G"
Quote from: "Chris Canning"With advent of a sport Tiger in the offing looks like everyone is going to be happy  :D

I'll challenge that statement    :(

BMW not happy  :lol:  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Just been offered a test on the Dora, anytime after the 26th, unfortunately I'll have to wait a week after that as I'm stuck for cover at work (sigh) oh well, a week won't make a lot of difference.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

You always manage to get to the front of the Q John  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Off to Lings shortly for the official Dora launch. Here's trying to not buy one... :roll:

Edit.... Just heard a rumour that the owner dropped the launch bike on delivery last week, hope it's fixed  :lol:

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Off to Lings shortly for the official Dora launch. Here's trying to not buy one... :roll:

Best of luck,the more I look at it the less I like it  :( ,the write ups leave a lot to be desired,doesn't take a great deal of reading between the lines,and when the new GS comes out you'll get the unedited version on the Explorer then.

NeilD

I went to my local dealer for th e'unveiling'... the Pringles were nice and I had a decent ride over there on my 800... :)

bosun

Quote from: "Chris Canning"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Off to Lings shortly for the official Dora launch. Here's trying to not buy one... :roll:

Best of luck,the more I look at it the less I like it  :( ,the write ups leave a lot to be desired,doesn't take a great deal of reading between the lines,and when the new GS comes out you'll get the unedited version on the Explorer then.

Good grief! What reviews are you reading? I've read just about every review going & I've hardly seen anything bad written at all. I've ridden it & can confirm it's all true. It is a very, very good bike.