News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Time to buy some tires! Shinko's?!

Started by wakdady, September 17, 2011, 10:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakdady

i'm cheap, so i'll get that out of the way now. well, not really cheap, just darn poor!

anywho, i've been reading the reviews on the shinko 705's. They seem to be pretty good as long as they are the radials and not bias ply. and $158 shipped is a damn good deal.

only catch is, the rear tire radial is only available in 150/70/17. if i were to go with 140/80, it would be cheaper and bias ply.
So, those running 150/70, what say you? does the bike feel alright? are you out there dragging knee with them? lol.

the next cheapest option are the michelin anakees 2 for $262 shipped. i'm looking for DS tires, not knobbies.

Mustang

the 150/70 shinko will work just fine on a steamer rim .................

the 150's are what I always run , no matter who makes em

wakdady

thanks Mustang!
oh, and which inner tubes do i buy? i cant seem to find ones that specify the proper size for our tires.

wakdady

on a side question. what size fork seal driver do i need for my 96?

Mustang

Quote from: "wakdady"thanks Mustang!
oh, and which inner tubes do i buy? i cant seem to find ones that specify the proper size for our tires.

this one will work for rear
pricey though
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/ ... =SLIsearch

this one will work on front

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... =SLIsearch

Bob Tosi

My 2 cents is look at Kenda Big Blocks.  I got these because I ride off road frequently.  They are super grippy in the dirt and mud.  At road speeds they feel very confident in the turns.  Great tire in my book.
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"