News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Success at last!
Carbs off again, stripped and cleaned, rechecked the float heights, fitted all the new o-rings and bowl seal, running great again  :D

rf9rider

Another little job done, front brakes bled, although had a slight problem.
The stainless bleed nipples were no good, couldn`t get the brakes to bleed properly, so replaced with the original nipples, and all is good.
The stainless nipples have a different end on where they sit in the caliper, the taper is the same, but the end is square, where as the originals have a pointed end, so i guess the stainless ones weren`t seating properly  :roll:

Got a few more bits in the box ready for the powdercoaters on Monday morning.

And had another visitor to pick up some bits, Phil, TigerTastic, came to pick up the original Tiger front calipers  :)

TigerTastic

And a very grateful Phil he is too! Thanks for those mate, much appreciated. The bike's looking sweet, even better in real life than in the pics.
Steamer in Black, totally standard.
ZZR1400 in Black, remapped at Hilltop.

rf9rider

Quote from: "TigerTastic"And a very grateful Phil he is too! Thanks for those mate, much appreciated. The bike's looking sweet, even better in real life than in the pics.

Thanks, got your brakes sorted yet?

rf9rider

Not much progress to report, changed all the switchgear screws for stainless cap heads.
Ordered a few things from Ebay, and waiting for stuff from the powdercoaters, should be here by the end of the week.

Been giving Steamer 1 a clean and checkover, ready for sale soon  :cry:

rf9rider

Postman has been  :)

Bought another set of low mileage white face clocks, and some LED`s to fit in the clocks and idiot lights.

Spare clock bracket is at the powdercoaters, which should hopefully be ready in the morning, along with a few other bits.

rf9rider

Also got a new set of new Daytona 955i indicators, as the other ones i bought were rubbing on the Givi top rack arms, although i got sent 2 left front, so returning one of those for the right side front  :roll:

rf9rider

Bought some spiral plastic wrap to fit around the front brake lines, to prevent them rubbing where they route through the front fairing bracket, pic shows how it fits, not the finished job  :lol:

rf9rider

Got my bits back from the powder coaters.

Thats my weekend sorted  :)

rybes

whats that torque arm off ? i want one  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"whats that torque arm off ? i want one  8)

It won`t fit the standard rear Tiger caliper, i`m fitting an underslung caliper from a Trophy, saw this on another site, so copied him!
Its from a Honda VF1000, pretty rare, took a couple of months to find it, from  Ebay, USA.

Here`s where i got the idea from, a lot of useful info too.

http://www.mottleybiker.com/

rf9rider

Got the clocks built into the coated bracket, new LED`s fitted.

rf9rider

Got the exhaust brackets fitted, and finally got the exhausts lined up both sides.

rf9rider

And thats it for while, off on hols on Monday, going to Gran Canaria for a week, so no more drivel from me for a week  :lol:

rybes

Quote from: "rf9rider"
Quote from: "rybes"whats that torque arm off ? i want one  8)
Its from a Honda VF1000, pretty rare, took a couple of months to find it, from  Ebay, USA.

ya never saw this one then :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270826374766? ... 1423.l2649

have a good hols mate  :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)