News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Quote from: "97tiger885"
Quote from: "NeilD"I presume its got less reserve...

I did this replacement not too long ago.  You have significantly less reserve.   On mine, I have maybe 12 miles on reserve at 35mpg.  And that is running on fumes downhill with a tailwind.  At some point I am going to extend the main pipe to increase the reserve.

Not a lot on reserve then, i`ve never let the fuel  get that low, so thats good to know.

rf9rider

Little more done tonight.
New waterproof plug arrived, so made up the wiring for the voltmeter.
Instructions said to use there "special tool" which you have to buy, but i got by with some long nose pliers and my soldering iron  :)

Ends crimped and soldered...........

And the finished job.

Tested and working on the bike.
Finish this off tomorrow  :)

rybes

dont ya hate this bit. all the lil jobs that seem to take ages to do n suck up money but when their done youcant see the work you put in :lol: wont be long now til its off to the mot man will it ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"dont ya hate this bit. all the lil jobs that seem to take ages to do n suck up money but when their done youcant see the work you put in :lol: wont be long now til its off to the mot man will it ?

Not a lot to do now, a few little odds and ends, mainly cosmetic.

Hoping to take it for MOT next week, then get the panels off to the painters, so should be all done in a couple of weeks  :)

rf9rider

Got all the wiring sorted, fitted an inline fuse, all soldered, heat shrinked and taped up for good measure

rf9rider

rf9rider

All tested and working, here`s how it looks with the voltmeter in place of the clock

rybes

is there any reason you decided to fit a voltmeter or did you just fancy a change from a clock ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"is there any reason you decided to fit a voltmeter or did you just fancy a change from a clock ?

The clock is permanently live, probably doesn`t use a lot of power, but might help keep the battery up if i leave it standing for a while, plus i think the voltmeter looks better as it matches the other clocks, and might give a bit of advance warning of a low battery so as to not damage the sprag clutch  :)

rf9rider

Busy day, first off, fitted the new Venhill clutch line, clutch bled, all fine and working

rf9rider

Next job was to fit a new hugger i ordered a while ago.
Turned out i ordered the wrong one, it fouls on the bracket on the swing arm where the rear brake torque arm bolts, so out  with the dremmel  :lol:

rf9rider

Next thing was theres no top mount hole for the hugger on the right side, so marked out where i wanted the hole, drilled a 10mm hole for a rivnut.

Installing the rivnut

rf9rider

Job done, handy tool, cheapy off Ebay  :lol:

rf9rider

Hugger fitted, took a couple of hours but worth it :)

pegleg

Any chance you could put up a video of this beast running?
Would love to hear those cans singing.:twisted:

Daz.