News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Been messing around trying to get some hand guards fitted.
Originals wouldn`t fit with the new levers, so came up with an idea.

Made a couple of brackets from 5 x 20 ally bar, bent and cut to fit on the bottom of the lever pivot pin, had to cut out where the lever sits to allow the guards to fit, here`s what i ended up with, not the prettiest job in the world, but once i`ve had a ride out and they`re ok, i`ll tidy them up and get them powder coated  :)

GavD

Hey RF

I've got a question about your front mudguard.

Have you mounted it on 2 posts that go straight up into the holes in the lower yoke? If so is the mudguard stable at speed?

I've knocked up a rough plate that I can bolt up underneath the yoke that will hopefully accept 4 mounting posts in a square. Once I'm happy with it I'll make a neater one.

If you get the chance to post a photo that'd be fantastic.

Cheers
Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rf9rider

Quote from: "GavD"Hey RF

I've got a question about your front mudguard.

Have you mounted it on 2 posts that go straight up into the holes in the lower yoke? If so is the mudguard stable at speed?

I've knocked up a rough plate that I can bolt up underneath the yoke that will hopefully accept 4 mounting posts in a square. Once I'm happy with it I'll make a neater one.

If you get the chance to post a photo that'd be fantastic.

Cheers
Gav

Thats how i did it when i had the original forks and yokes, it was solid and stable,  now i have the Trophy bottoms and yokes, theres no mounting holes on the bottom yoke.
Easiest way was to use another Trophy top yoke under the bottom yoke, and mounted the plate directly to that.

GavD

Much obliged to you sir.

:icon_salut
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rf9rider

Quote from: "GavD"Much obliged to you sir.

:icon_salut

Your welcome  :)

Going through your posts, i see that you used the original forks, the 2 bolts with spacers will be fine at speed, it was on mine.

rf9rider

Not much to report lately, been under the weather with a touch of flu since i got the seat back, and noticed one of the fork seals was leaking.
Fitted a new seal today, hoping to get out tomorrow for a ride.  :)

Sin_Tiger

Mymissus thinks it looks fantastic as well she's not easily impressed either  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Mymissus thinks it looks fantastic as well she's not easily impressed either  8)

Tell Mrs Sin thanks  :oops:

pegleg

How does she handle with the new forks and wheels fellah?
More stable or less?

rf9rider

Quote from: "pegleg"How does she handle with the new forks and wheels fellah?
More stable or less?

A lot more stable mate.

As Mustang once said, "handles like its on rails"  :D

pegleg

Can i ask why you used the Legend yokes bud?
Will the Trident yokes work if i fit risers?

Daz.

rf9rider

Quote from: "pegleg"Can i ask why you used the Legend yokes bud?
Will the Trident yokes work if i fit risers?

Daz.

Not sure about the Trident yokes, but there are only a couple of yokes that will work without catching the fairing frame.

The Legend yokes work, as they don`t catch the bracket, plus they have the holes for the bar mounts.

The early Trophy yokes work, but need to be drilled for the bar mounts.

pegleg

rybes

early speed triple fits too but needs holes drillin for risers
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)