News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

be a good xmas for you then  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Well, it`s officially a good christmas, the correct battery turned up this morning, seller sent it next day delivery for me as they cocked up in the first place!

Battery is on and the Tiger is running, just waiting for the rain to stop and get out for a ride, or is that a christmas miracle too far?  :new_xmas

rybes

we not got rain here. however we do have 30mph winds, 1 degree and its snowin. so if it rains ya better off  than me  :hat10

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

birddogone

Hey RF, I just finished looking at all pages of your restoration job and all I can say is "Beautiful" I have always enjoyed seeing pictures of restoring a motorcycle or an old boat.
Congratulations on a job well done,   :eusa_clap
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

rf9rider

Quote from: birddogone on December 31, 2012, 01:02:18 PM
Hey RF, I just finished looking at all pages of your restoration job and all I can say is "Beautiful" I have always enjoyed seeing pictures of restoring a motorcycle or an old boat.
Congratulations on a job well done,   :eusa_clap
Rod

Thanks for the comments.

rf9rider

Finally got out for first ride of the new year, dry, sunny and a little chilly, bit of Redex in the tank along with some fresh fuel, took around 40 miles to clear the rough running, now runs as it should.
Hope more of the same tomorrow as Mrs RF wants a go on the back.  :thumbsup

rf9rider

Another job ticked off the "to do" list.

Ordered some Moose Racing High ATV bars from the USA, arrived this morning.

So, here they are...........

Compared to oem bars.....

rf9rider

Found the oem bars had an unatural riding position, turned down too much at the grips, after a bit of research and a recommendation from our very own Mustang thought i`d try the Moose bars.

Fitted...........

Had to drill the bars for the nubs on the switches to stop them rotating.........

Other side............

rf9rider

Almost there............

The Moose bar pad looked a little out of place, so fitted the Renthal pad, looks a lot better with the colour......

rf9rider

The Moose bars have no threaded inserts for the bar ends, so off to local bike shop in the morning to get some aftermarket bar ends, just need the inserts as going to use my oem bar ends, and some new handguards i`ve got.  :hat10

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

i like this bike. lookin forward to seein it  :thumbsup

rf9rider

Cheers Chaps.

Went and bought some bar end mounts this morning, ready to fit the new handguards.

Just needed the inner rubber part as the Moose bars have no threaded insert.

As i have the adjustable levers, the oem handguards won`t fit, so bought some GS1150 Touratech ones.  :hat10

Also got the spoilers, look a lot better with them imo.

Guards drilled and spoilers bolted on................

Straightforward to fit using the kit provided................

rf9rider

Plenty of room for the levers...........

And the finished job...............