News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

threepot

How is that disc holding out?? I have tried TWO of those Kagizume discs..both cracked! Managed to buy a good original on ebay.
That rust  occurred within one week ,parked up outside!

Dont even contemplate these.. !!://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Tiger-855i-Tiger-955-brake-disc-rear-98-04-NEW-/280610295661?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4155ad4f6d     
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Jeeze, looks like a brown trouser moment!

Mine is fine so far, think i`ll check it more often looking at that.

I`ve used the Kagizume discs on other bikes before with no problem.

Sin_Tiger

I had a Kagizume on the rear from when I got it and discovered two cracks between the holes and the inner diameter and thought that was bad but your experience is in another category altogether.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

i hope that never happened as you was goin along
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

threepot

Both cracked while parked up thankfully! Strange eh?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rf9rider

Managed to get out for an hour today, still a little chilly here.

Motobatt battery seems a good buy, turned over and fired up straightaway after standing for a good few weeks.

The Moose bars are a lot more comfortable, though took a while to get used to the new riding position, guess i need to get out on it a bit more  :hat10

The Touratech hand guards do a good job deflecting the wind, only my tootsies felt cold, so new boots are next on the list  :thumbsup

threepot

About time you changed your profile pic :thumbsup Rf's ok,but your Tiger......:-)
Been cold down with me,but out Fri and today :XXsunsmile Just love riding this bike!

I've got a spare set of forks off my Daytona. Is it much of a job to transfer the legs on to the Tiger stanchions,so they will accept a Daytona front wheel?

95 Super111
96 Tiger

rf9rider

Quote from: threepot on March 31, 2013, 11:50:59 PM
About time you changed your profile pic :thumbsup Rf's ok,but your Tiger......:-)
Been cold down with me,but out Fri and today :XXsunsmile Just love riding this bike!

I've got a spare set of forks off my Daytona. Is it much of a job to transfer the legs on to the Tiger stanchions,so they will accept a Daytona front wheel?

Its pretty straightforward, just need to use the Tiger stanchions, springs and internals.

You`ll also need another set of  yokes, i used the Legend TT ones, look through my earlier posts to see how i did it.

rf9rider

Been a while since i`ve done anything to the bike, apart from start it regularly.

Noticed the petrol tap was leaking again, so took it off, the o ring i`d fitted wasn`t looking good, so decided on plan B.

Cleaned up the adaptor plate i`d made (the tank has an enlarged hole if you remember) cleaned up the area around the tank hole, mixed up a batch of JB weld (as recommended by Mustang) smeared it around the tank hole, then bolted the adaptor plate and tap into the tank.

So far, so good, no leaks.

MOT time on Saturday, so we`ll see how it gets on.

rf9rider

Someone asked me about the Motobatt battery i fitted, here it is, the correct code is MBTX14RU.

Sin_Tiger

That's handy,  I was just about to go looking for one  :icon_salut: cheers.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I've fitted 3 of these now (Aprillia, Laverda and my Girly) and have been impressed by their sustained cranking power, especially churning over the 650 single.  The only other new battery that comes close is the lead acid on the Guzzi but it's the size of a battery from a small truck  :icon_eek:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on May 28, 2013, 09:36:59 AM
the lead acid on the Guzzi but it's the size of a battery from a small truck  :icon_eek:

It'll match the wiring loom then  :icon_wink: